· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Auratus annd Red Zebras

0 Not allowed!
    How many of each could be kept in a 55 gallon 4ft. long tank with plenty of hiding places.
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I like that you picked probably the most aggressive fish in the entire fish keeping institution lol. There's really only two ways you can go, either keep Auratus buy themselves, or go with the zebras and you can mix them with other mbuna.

I have a mixed Mbuna tank now, and it's allot of fun and neat to watch. A species only Auratus tank is really hard to do and would be quite a trip. In that size tank you ultimately will need 1 Male and about 4-6 females. There are two ways to do this depending on how much violence you can tolerate. You can buy adults that you can sex, or you can buy a bunch of baby's and let god sort it out, either way you will have 1 male at the end. Auratus are very nasty fish, if you don't like watching ugly fights and lots of chasing don't get them. The dominant male may even kill the odd female, it's just the way they are.

I recommend getting a mixed tank and just overstocking it like I did, less stress.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the warning. I knew the Auratus was aggressive but not to what extent. If I mixup the species should I just keep 1 Auratus or none at all? How many Red Zebras could I keep if THEY are the only species ?
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I wouldn't take the risk of having one myself, it can work out if the one ends up being a sub-dominant female but if it grows up to be a male it would cause all kinds of problems.

As for the Zebras id say you could have around 6. The problem with the species only setups is the need for harems, in a 55 even with the calmer zebras if you ended up with 4 males and 2 females its gonna be a violent tank.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19