· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Picture of the new Dane

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a picture the new Dane. A little bit dehydrated and with a slight Eye infection but otherwise healthy. Nothing strange considering that he travelled for two days.

Here he is with with my female Dane. The new male is the bigger of the two.
    great dane.jpg

For size can be mentioned that the leaves on the ground are fair sized Indian Almond Leaves.

Hopefully I will be able to put a little more meat on those bones quickly
    Last edited by William; 09-23-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

0 Not allowed!
    A couple more and better pics
    Great dane 2.jpg

great dane 3.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Great looking dogs William
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Love the breed. Can you easily get good ones? Oved here a lot of bloodlines are plagued with hip issues

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    Love the breed. Can you easily get good ones? Oved here a lot of bloodlines are plagued with hip issues
    I cant easily get them at all. They are an upper class dog here and i have been on waiting lists for a male puppy since 2012. This male is coming from outside the country.

The problem with the blood lines are not as big here but it is still a problem. Basically there are two sources for danes. One is the ones that has been breed for their qualities, not their looks, by wealthy farmers. These strains might go back 50 years and are often healthy. The other source is the dogs that have been breed from american champions to be upper class pets here. They usually have more problems.

I have one of each type.
    Last edited by William; 09-24-2013 at 04:11 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Generally speaking can be said that most dogs are healthier down here. They are being breed more for their task (be it working dog or lapp dog) and less for shows. In the mountains you can still se shepard strains that looks like the dog use to do a 100 years ago that is very healthy. They been breed by the farmers for a very long time.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful dogs!
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks.

Thought I would post a little update. The new male seem to settle in nicely and is quickly getting attached to us. He is still a little bit suprised that he is allowed in the house (he used to be an outside dog). The eye infection seems to be improving and the stiffness he showed in his joint seems to be going away now when he can move around again after the transaport.

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Nice l00king animals, William. 0ne 0f my friends had a Dane and he used t0 play fetch with a driveshaft 0ut 0f a Chevy pickup truck. He was a g00fy animal but well behaved and quite l0veable. I h0pe the p00ch d0es well f0r y0u.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED 
    For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl 
    I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 thanks for the tip on the ammonia alert.  it's great for cycling with fish. - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    I am so glad you were able to adopt your Dane. A very handsome boy - and a nice friend for your pretty girl.

Congrats! Happy hopping .gif
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras
    Future 40 Long - Rummynose Tetras and Cories

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"