· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Cycled 10 gallon in need of stocking

0 Not allowed!
    Alright guys, so my goldfish that was in my 10 gallon has been relocated to our pond outside. Now I've got a cycled, planted, 10 gallon in need of stocking. I have a heater, I just need to make sure it still works. I'm thinking of stocking it with a few tropicals. What do you guys recommend? Right now I've got 4 ghost shrimp in the tank. Give me some types of fish to research please. Thanks in advance.

0 Not allowed!
    My 10 is currently cycling and I'm planning to add some micro rasboras, possibly a dwarf gourami OR a betta and possibly dwarf corydora catfish OR shrimp. My PH sits around 7.6 so not the best for shrimp so will prob go with the cories. A 10 really isn't much space so you want to make sure you keep smaller (dwarf/micro) fish in it. AqAdvisor.com is a great reference for fish compatibility and it takes your tank size/filtration into account.
    Don't poke the crazy

0 Not allowed!
    ditto that...snails are also a possible addition...

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Alright so I went out and bought a new filter. A Marineland Penguin 100. I got a Dwarf Gourami Male, and 4 Julil Cory's. I used Aqadvisor and everything checks out. That's a great reference I'm glad you introduced me to it. They're getting acclimated to the water now :)

0 Not allowed!
    did you use your old filter media from your old filter.
    if you didn't you just lost your cycle, and should read up on cycling with fish.
    i hear some people say, "i kept a goldfish in a bowl and it lived for a year."
    they don't know how lucky they were and all goldfish live at least 15 years in proper conditions.
    that is equal to saying my human lived in his closet for 5 years!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I put the old filter media in the new filter. We're all good. Fishies are in the tank, still getting over the stress. The Gourami swims around the tank but as soon as I walk in front of it he darts off to the back. Poor guy. The Cory's are huddled together sitting on the bottom. Hopefully they perk up and eat something for me tomorrow morning.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Depends what you want. In my 10 gallon I have a pair of Apistogramma trifasciata, 9 Dwarf Pencilfish, and a pair of Otos.
    My 10 Gallon Aquarium Journal
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi

~Formerly known as Carapar56~

0 Not allowed!
    No problem, and that's great! I'm jealous! lol
    Don't poke the crazy