· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Frequency feeding veggies?

0 Not allowed!
    Been a while since I've posted but I've got a question regarding the frequency I should be feeding my pleco veggies. Normally he get's algae pellets every 1-2 nights which are fed after dark so the other fish don't get them first (he also grinds my java ferns into dust during the day). I put in some zucchini in for the first time earlier in the week and he seemed to like it. By the next evening when I removed the piece there was a perfectly round pleco sized dent in it which was kind of funny to see. Clearly he's eating the stuff but I wasn't sure how often I should add it. Some sites say weekly or bi-weekly but I was looking for additional info. The fish in question is about 4-5 inches now and has been in my 75G about a year or so. Thanks for the help!! :-)
    75G Coldwater Setup (May 2011)
    Angelfish Fry Development Project

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Normally fresh veggies are good to go until you start seeing a discoloration. I used to blanche veggies when I fed them prior. Its weird to see the veggies lasting so long though. Normally a day or so and its gone. 1 time a week though is all I would feed.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    I feed my two young BN plecos a 2" diameter piece about 1/2" think of zucchini and I just leave it for about 3 days, they usually leave no trace of it in the tank. And I wait about a day from the last time i saw any, till i feed again

0 Not allowed!
    There was definitely some minor fogging after 24 hours. I was a little afraid to leave it in longer than that, although I think I used a bigger piece than I should of.
    75G Coldwater Setup (May 2011)
    Angelfish Fry Development Project

Awards Showcase

Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 
    Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    MY BNPs loved broccoli. I fed it every 3 days and it was gone within 24 hours. I didn't blanch it, just put it in raw. It was their veggie of choice.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"