· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Help me build my dream aquarium (hopefully will not be a dream in a few years)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey im totaly in love with oscars but have never been able to have a tank big enough for one. But now i plan on making that a reality and i need some help.

In sweden they don't recomend a lone oscar in a tank smaller then 145 gallon but i think that gives room for a few tankmates insted of a lone fish in a tank that size.

I want to get a tank where i can house atleast 1 oscar with several tank mates not like 1 oscar 1 JD 1 severum and that it's done.

Right now i can't have a tank bigger then 141 gallon and then i have to sell my other 2 tanks and thats not an option so the tank has to wait until i get a bigger apartment. but im asking this this early so i have plenty of time doing research about other fish you recomend to house with an oscar.

the 141 gallon tank have a foot print of 59.1"x23.6"

I plan to use 1 fluval fx6 canister for the tank since bigger is better when it comes to oscars.

What would you stock the 141 gallon tank with including oscars?

What tank size would you get for several fish with an oscar? that don't need more filtration then a fluval fx6?

0 Not allowed!
    A single Oscar with some silver dollars, bichirs, a single severum, adult pictus cats would work in a 125 gallon. That's 72'' x 18'' x 22''.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Don't know how this thread missed everyones radar all month lol. Yes you could have a few fish with an oscar in a tank that size, assuming thats normal us gallons and inches. And I don't know anyone who thinks that a 145g is the minimum tank size for one oscar, it's a great size tank for them but a 75g is the minimum. You could have a pair in a 145 as long as they didn't hate each other. Im putting together a 90g thats gonna have an oscar and tankmates and it's plenty big.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19