· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

Default dang i feel good today XD

0 Not allowed!
    after being told that "i didnt know enough about computer repair" and " you arent going to get a job without an A+ cert" i was discouraged. this was from 4 different computer repair shops in the area. staples, and geek squad included. ive just gotten 5 computers from people saying that both of those places said everything was dead and they needed new computers. i fixed all 5 in 1 day. one of them needed valuable info recovered from the drive (got it all YAY) and the rest had minor issues. one had a shorted out processor, another had a blown capacitor, one had a bad psu..... i mean its not hard to tell just from looking!!!! makes me wonder how these places are in business still.

to top that off, a friend of the family decided to give his computer to geek squad. it had a bad 500gb hdd. it cost him just shy of 400$ to get his computer fixed.... im just shocked....
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Can you join a small business for now? Someplace more personal? Or start your own home-based business? I know it's a lot of work...but there is a niche for a more 'personal' approach. I'm okay with all the basics since I essentially have been 'doing' computers since Day 1...but there is also a lot of things I just don't quite get...and I'd be willing to pay someone to come out and help me out...or to have an appointment with me and my computer...etc.

I don't get your last statement either...your friend had to pay $400 to donate his old computer?
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    well one tough thing about the home business is that some people don't trust others having access to there personal stuff (pictures and files) stored on broken computers.

But really if you can start getting your name out there and working on the side, repairing computers can get you some serious $$, but I'd def have a waiver people would need to sign so that they know the costs and risks associated with trying to repair or recover a computer.

Have a cost to determine the problem, and then quote the repair. That way if they decide not to have it fixed you aren't out your time for figuring it out.

A friend of mine in college took her laptop into a best buy to have it repaired and they cleared the hard-drive when it really didn't need to be cleared, she was informed that it was geek squad policy to not have to inform a person that it could happen etc yet she lost all her photos and school files, needless to say they lost her business fast

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    I like the idea of a home business. Give quotes to people based on your time spent and the intensity of the work... If its something you love half the price of the geek squad would put you in business nice.

I know I have a brother in law that had an issue with his 500gb external HD and is wondering how to get it fixed... always a niche.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by genocidex View Post
    to top that off, a friend of the family decided to give his computer to geek squad. it had a bad 500gb hdd. it cost him just shy of 400$ to get his computer fixed.... im just shocked....
    That's freaking insane. You can buy the HD itself at Staples for $75 (cheaper on line though).

Glad to hear it's going so well for you. Don't worry, once word gets around, computer repair will come to you. I've been at it part time for 14 years now. Malware removal isn't in demand as much as it used to be because the operating systems are getting better at preventing it. But some people just don't have the time or knowledge to do basic maintenance on PCs\Apples\Linux machines and they would rather pay someone to do it form them a couple of times per year.

Sounds to me like you don't have to prove anything to anyone.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    Actually ive been doing word of mouth computer repair for about 8 yrs now. I always give them a quote on what i think its is before i take the computer, and a quote after i figure out exactly whats wrong. Only once did i have a refusal to pay. That ended up in court and i won the case. She forfetted her laptop to me.

@rue, what i ment was he gave his laptop to them to work on it.... Lol
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!