· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    baking something in the home thats very fragrant should help too (and leave it out for snackers). i think the most popular thing would be cinnamon rolls. if theres no time for baking throw some cinnamon sticks in a pot of boiling water for a half hour then hide the pot. the smell of cinnamon is very attractive to most people. i think i heard its because they think of the holidays and such...
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

0 Not allowed!
    Remove family pictures/etc from view. Remove kids toys, dog toys, drawings, etc from view of buyers. Depersonalizing your home makes it more attractive to a buyer as they could begin to start planning it as theirs during the walk through. Keep closets tidy and move all excess garb to a storage facility. This conveys the home as not having much storage which is a huge concern for a buyer. Keep your yard well mowed and do your best to tidy up the front view of the home, nothing extreme but it makes it appear you have tended the home. Also may be a good idea to wash the exterior of the home including the windows, siding, brick, sidewalk, etc. This also makes the home appear well cared for. Keep one light on per room in a pleasing warm hue this makes even simple spaces appear more attractive. Take an objective look at your bathrooms and kitchen...any seriously dated tile, fixtures, faucets etc may be worth replacing especially in this tough market. Have your carpets deep cleaned to avoid any stains, freshly cleaned carpets also appear much newer even if they are older.

The thing that sold me on my new home despite the fact it is 1/3 the size of the home I am in the process of selling is the fact it was immaculate. The owner was still living in it but had taken the extra steps to really depersonalize the space so I could begin to see the home in terms of what I wanted to do with it. The bathrooms were small and somewhat dated but everything was spotless even the grout was without stains. The kitchen was much the same, and yes the fixtures were ugly and reminded me of spiders but I could see the potential without excess clutter, ugly wallpaper, and general dirt and grime. The outside was also quaint yet well manicured...it really does make a world of difference if your buyer can start visioning themselves living there instead of seeing that someone else currently does.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    A few things that i'll add as someone that is actually looking at houses trying to buy.

1. If you don't have a garden out front of the house, look into tossing one in - not very hard or expensive, just do 1 row of the blocks, a few simple cheap annuals and mulch
    2. I think have furniture in the house helps a ton, rather than someone seeing a space and going... "i don't think my couch will fit" they will see yours and go "ok, so a couch can fit"
    3. Point 2 is a double edged sword though, you def can't have it too cluttered
    4. Fix any holes in the walls, water stains on sealing, and def don't have a fresh paint smell
    5. Have an AC / Heat on to keep the temp very comfortable. Nothing is worse than walking into a house at 85* and sweating while looking at it
    6. Make the front yard look good, to me that is the major "superficial" thing i look at, paint can be re-done, but having a nice yard is always welcoming
    7. Overall, just clean like your in-laws were coming over lol

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    De-cluttering is happening. I guess I will have to rent storage space...de-cluttering doesn't help much if I've boxes all over the place...

I just realised something. the best thing about forums - when you move, and it doesn't matter how far, you take these friends with you, nothing changes...

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Immaculate kitchens and bathrooms sell homes. A dirty lav or kitchen is an immediate turn off to buyers. Any money you put into detailing and upgrading these rooms before a sale will pay dividends. If the rest of the house is in decent shape you should do well. Now that interest rates may be on the way up, buyers will want to jump on good deals rather than let rates go up and have their buying power decline. Good luck.

0 Not allowed!
    I had a house in FL that was listed for two years and never sold. I got rid of my agent and listed it myself and it sold in two weeks. The problem with an agent is they have thousands of houses to show people and you have only one.

I would plan my own open house, make a batch of cookies to make the place smell really good and put them out for those walking through. Everyone mentioned de-cluttering and that's a great point. You don't want closets looking too cramped and you don't want kitchen counters full of equipment. Put away the coffee pot, toaster, etc.

For your own safety, do not show the house to private people without someone there with you. Have them make an appointment so you can have a friend there with you. It can be a little iffy having some dude popping in you don't know and you take him to look at your bedroom. I actually hid anything of valve they could grab and just told them to walk around at will and check the place out. They don't like being followed around, anyway.

The abstract office or any real estate broker can do the closing for you. Run an Open House every Saturday or Sunday if need be.

0 Not allowed!
    I was advised to remove things that made a room look small, baking something (Pillsbury crescent rolls) to make the home smell "homy" was another tip. Cleanliness is vital, remember these folks (buyers) will poke their noses everywhere. But a competent realtor should get you on the right track regardless and should considering what their take is in the end...Btw, you leaving Ontario? Wouldn't blame you with the mess we are in. We are out if here soon as youngest graduates.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Just had a meeting with my real estate agent. She actually got me to list the place higher than I would have done on my own...and yes, she gave me a list of chores to do (she called them "suggestions, hmph!) but on the whole I'm all good.

The problem is I'm going to be away for the whole week while the place is being shown, so I won't be able to do much about homey smells. Clean, decluttered - I feel like I'm moving out right now, I've been packing so much stuff (where does it all come from?)

Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I'm reading and re-reading them to try and see if I can't implement them all.

And no, Surfdog, I'm just heading north a few hours. But honestly, is it better anywhere else? Corrupt politicians, business concerns running roughshod over environmental ones, or zero prospects for the population, none of the others seem to be doing all that much better...people who feel entitled and the sum of all progress being measured by $$ seem to the pattern everywhere.

0 Not allowed!
    Didn't want to turn this into, well, you know. Honestly I'm thinking Alberta/Saskatchewan, have friends there and there just doesn't seem to be as much nonsense going on, at least visible, lol. Whatever the reason, or where ever your going, I hope it's as smooth and effortless as possible...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    +1000000000000 to the above

Nothing wrong with living in Saskatchewan.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]