· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

Default Selling my Home - any tips for showing it?

0 Not allowed!
    Hey all

I'm just doing small things around the house preparatory to hiring an agent to sell my home. You know those little things you never get around to doing for yourself - filling nail holes where pics used to hang, painting trim, etc.

Is there anything relatively cheap to do that you would recommend be done before putting my home on the market? Stuff I might not think of?
    Aside from the usual "painting rooms in neutral colours" and de-cluttering.
    I'm just wondering if there's something you might have done in your own home that you were surprised at how much it improved things.

0 Not allowed!
    Depends on how tough the market is in Ontario. You could even consider hiring a stylist for a fresh opinion.

Declutter, remove any obvious signs of decay including plants doing poorly. Air regularly. Bake something if you got a promissing potential buyer.

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    haha Bake something, never would have thought of that!

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Pay heavy attention to your windows. I didnt buy a home because their window's had paint all over them and it showed the last owner did a sloppy job on any other "hides" they did.

Its always good to lessen furniture and no personal pics. I hear more and more by people who have been buying homes near me they dont want a stocked home, they want to imagine what they would do with the space.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    My advice would be to get a good Realtor.

After living in and buying/selling home many different cities in both Canada and the USA, I have learned that each local market is different. A good Realtor will know what helps sell homes in your local area (outside of the standard fresh paint and less clutter) based on your price point and the type of home your selling.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    First, price your home realistically, within market conditions for the area if you wish a prompt sale. Have your realtor give you some recent sale price comparables for your immediate area to ensure you`re doing just that.

Bathrooms & the kitchen in particular, need to be kept ultra clean & tidy, and well de-cluttered for any showings. Remove (hide away) all appliances and any superfluous material from the kitchen counters to give the appearance of lots of counter space. Clean the sinks.

Add a nice bowl of fresh fruit in the kitchen, and a vase with fresh flowers e.g. on the DR table - these are always attractive & make a good first impression. Put fresh towels in the bathroom, turn toilet seats down, and wipe mirrors sparkling clean.
    Make sure all beds are made up nicely before any showings.
    Also, vacuum all your carpets nicely.

If you don`t bake, nuke some cinnamon (or a stick) for a few secs in a bit of water in the microwave, just before any showing. Or use a neutral room freshener.

Check & clean up all your flower beds, shrubbery, etc. in front & rear yards - remove any unnecessary tools, equip. & garbage.
    Make sure your front porch & entry way are uncluttered & swept clean, so it looks inviting. Hose down walkways & remove any weeds.

Take any pets out & away from the home for any showings.

Even in daytime, turn on many lights in most rooms for showings, and it doesn`t hurt to play some nice elevator music (quietly, on low) on the radio, TV or stereo.
    Best of luck with your sale.

0 Not allowed!
    Make sure the house smells good and is clean. Keep windows clean and blinds/curtains open to allow as much light in as possible. Declutter and depersonalize the place. People don't want to see pics of your family, they want to imagine their family in there, replace them with other art work. Make the beds. Make sure things are in working order, for example, closet doors, cabinet doors, fans in the bathrooms etc. People want to know that they can just move their crap in and live there without having to do any work. Take a slow, objective walk and look through your house, pretending to be a potential buyer. What stands out as "needing work"? What would turn you off from buying? Fix those things.

Good Luck!
    Don't poke the crazy

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks all, some good tips here.

0 Not allowed!
    Along with all the suggestions provided above, I read an article that recommended putting a pan of beer in the oven and heating it up - will smell like bread is baking while people walk through (a good idea for an "open house" - if you have one). I read another one where a realtor noted she was amazed that people don't want to invest in certain things to bring themselves a better offer - like fixing things, "staging" a room that is usually used for storage, etc.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Yup...I agree with what everyone else has said. Especially with decluttering and depersonalizing.

I like a place clean...but I don't care if it's been freshly painted and/or has new carpets. Odds are I'll tear them out and repaint regardless. If the walls are really bad, paint a neutral colour. As for flooring? If it's really bad, I'd suggest mentioning that that had been taken into consideration when determining the asking price.

Other stuff...furnaces, etc., needs to be in working order.

You might also want to get a home inspector in first...and see what they have to say...fix what needs fixing first, rather than risk losing a sale at a critical point...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed