· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass 
    To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 
    BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 
    6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I did not have a clue what was happening in that 3rd pic...but neat to see...thanks for sharing...I've never had spiders as pets, but they are very neat creatures...if we find one in the house, I capture it and release it outside instead of killing it...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone, sorry for the late response but my internet was out for a while.
    As Sandz already told you it was her molt in the last picture, which was the reason she hadn't eaten for two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    As a child we had a Brachypelma smithi (Mexican red knee) and my daughter currently has a Avicularia avicularia (Pink toe).
    I love Red knees you need a CITES for those bad boys right, and Pink toes are really one of my favourite bird eaters they come just after my favourite (Poecilotheria metallica).

I mean come on, how can you not love these colours;
    1050637646_1359362315.jpg

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    I love that spider! A few years ago when my 75g sprung a leak I was toying with the idea of making several compartments in it for tarantulas, that was one I wanted, a couple others were a Chilean Rose Hair and a Cobalt Blue. When I had my Red Knee you didn't need a CITES, it was in the 1970's. Between then and now the rules have changed, they were illegal for a while. I think I have heard mention of needing a CITES now.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice! I'm glad you rescued her and fattened her up successfully!

I also have a Lasiodora (and 3 others)...but mine is still quite small. Mine however, is not very friendly. Hence it's name: ALT (short for Angry Little Tarantula)...although that might have to change as it matures...lol...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sarah View Post
    It's great that you're taking such good care of her, and what a difference in her size! I also had no idea why she wasn't eating until I read down the thread and saw about molting...NOT a spider person here. Have to say, I'm glad she's yours...and contained.
    AGREED.....the 0nly 2 things that make me twitch in the w0rld are spiders and r0aches. but hey, m0re p0wer t0 ya friend, l0l!!!
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    Mine however, is not very friendly.
    I've heard multiple people saying that their Lasiodora was aggressive or skittish, i mean mine can also be skittish from time to time but she never threw up her front legs at me or threw hairs at me which i am happy with because her teeth could do some serious damage.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That is an awesome T. congratulations on a great find. Ijust wish I was that lucky. I have a Chilean Rose that I got about 7 years ago . Easiest pet anyone could keep . good luck and keep us informed on her health .
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No T.'s in this thread, she is doing fine and this morning i noticed that she had spun a huge amount of webs which she usually doesn't do, even at the top of the tank!
    Scary to know she went all the way up that by climbing the glass walls, who knows what would've happened if she fell i mean it's not that high but it doesn't take much to burst an abdomen..
    I have no clue how old she is but i think she's about 10 so i'm hoping to have atleast 20 years of joy with her.
    Does any of you spider keepers have experience with keeping isopods in their tanks, i heard that they eat alot of the food leftovers and even molt though i remove the molt as soon as i see it.
    Last edited by Float-Goat; 07-12-2013 at 11:27 AM.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    IME leftovers should be taken out . They can attract gnats which isn't what we want in the tank with our spiders.

i really don't think they would eat the molt .It wouldn't have any nutritional value to it, but it may attract gnats.
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.