· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, when I was at Home Depot the other day, I was wandering around looking at their products... And I saw Bondo Fiberglass Resin. Does anyone have any experience with this? Could this be used to seal the toys? Bondo's website is less than helpful. Doesn't even say whether it cures clear, tinted, or opaque. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah, scary. I hear ya. The craziest thing I trust in my tank is marbles. They're glass and I figure that's safe. Just sayin'.....

I wouldn't doubt the reason no one is getting back to you is due to the lawsuits on child safety with materials. Companies are still trying to make a comeback from that. No one is going to want to guess as to weather or not toys are aquarium safe.
    Active Learning Consists of Engaging With Educated People, Being O.K. With Being Incorrect, Engaging in Conversation No Matter What Your Experience Level, Accepting Positive Criticisms, Offering Your Best Information, And Maintaining A Healthy Attitude. If you Are Not Speaking You Are Only Learning At Half Mast. No One Can Give Feedback On Your Thoughts, Only On Your Words And Actions.

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz 
    fishies - Hardy85 The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA 
    cheers man - mojosodope Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy 
    lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Av0id the b0nd0, n0t suitable f0r y0ur intended use. Wouldn't cure clear, will cure lumpy and need sanding which will leave l00se fiberglass ends exp0sed. It w0uld be very much w0rse than just putting the plain figurine int0 the aquarium. If the item is m0lded in c0l0r it will be fine as is, but if it is painted it may n0t h0ld up uncoated. Clear polyurethane spray sh0uld d0 fine with a few thin c0ats and let dry f0r 1 week pri0r t0 adding t0 aquarium.
    Last edited by Longshot; 07-17-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    This is why I asked! :) There was no way to tell that about the resin from the container.

I just received the boxes of figurines yesterday. I think the big areas of color are molded, but it's harder to tell with the fine details. Thanks!
    1. 2. (No Picture)

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz 
    fishies - Hardy85 The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA 
    cheers man - mojosodope Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy 
    lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    I am very glad y0u did ask, I w0uld hate t0 think 0f the p0ssible h0rr0r st0ries stemming fr0m B0nd0 usage. I h0pe I have been useful, can't wait t0 see what y0u have in st0re. If y0u wanted t0 check- find an inc0nspicu0us sp0t 0n a figurine and try t0 scratch the paint 0ff. If n0thing c0mes 0ff with a forceful scratching, y0u sh0uld be g0lden as is!!
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    My best friend has some of these figurines at her house, and when I was there the other day I noticed one had a bit of a scratch in her skirt... It was solid all the way through. So that at least was fine! I might do the spray anyways, just for peace of mind. :)
    1. 2. (No Picture)

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I found a captain figurine I wanted to go with a ship I bought for the aquarium. Since the captain was ceramic and painted I put a semi-thick coat of GE silicone to waterproof it. I will try to post a picture. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it did not dry totally clear, maybe just a little cloudy. So the captain wasn't quite as bright as before the silicone but it still looks good.
    BTW I found the captain at a thrift store for $3 and it is about a foot tall. Ended up being a great bargain.

Keep trying to add a picture but am getting an error code.