· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

Default Non-standard decor?

0 Not allowed!
    So, I'm thinking of future tanks and potential themes and decorations for them... And I'm thinking some Disney themes could be fun. Maybe an Ariel the Little Mermaid theme, or maybe a Disney Princess theme in a betta sorority, or a Brave theme in a very heavily planted tank.

The only problem is, out of all of them, only Ariel has any actual aquarium products, and that is one 1.5 gallon tank with a built-in figurine of her. It definitely looks a lot more commercial and factory than I would like, not to mention that it's just not big enough for anything.

So I'm thinking a playset like this, or this one, or even several others that Disney makes, would look interesting scattered about amongst plants.

The only problem is that I have no idea if these would be aquarium safe, or how to find decor that is aquarium safe that isn't the extremely limited Finding Nemo stuff they've been producing.
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

0 Not allowed!
    There's also a spongebob range including the pineapple house. http://amzn.com/B005I7BMDO

People that make their own 3d backgrounds use epoxy as coating to make it aquarium safe. That's always an option.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Spongebob? *shudder* No thanks.

Aren't epoxies thick and opaque? But trying to research some kind of coating is a good idea.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    try ebay for vintage aquarium decorations. there are some fun things out there if you're into nostalgia
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...um+decorations
    some are pricey but some are surprisingly inexpensive.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz 
    fishies - Hardy85 The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA 
    cheers man - mojosodope Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy 
    lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    depending 0n applicati0n, ep0xies vary in appearance.Many are clear and they can be brushed 0n and left t0 dry. A few thin c0ats and y0u are g00d t0 g0 after they have fully cured.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    fishmommie--I hadn't looked on eBay yet. I don't know why. I looked at Amazon and Etsy.

Longshot-- Do you know if they add any noticeable bulk? The figures I would potentially use and seal are on the small side.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz 
    fishies - Hardy85 The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA 
    cheers man - mojosodope Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy 
    lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    if the layers are thin but s0lid it sh0uldn't bulk them up much at all. Y0u w0uld barely n0tice it.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    Would Krylon Fusion clear-coat work, since the pieces are plastic, and unlikely to be toxic (as they're made for young kids to play with)? I've also seen recommendations for clear silicone, though I'd imagine that'd be harder to apply to a 3D object and not as clear as I'd want.

I've also sent an e-mail to Disney asking about it, though I'm not holding my breath on a reply. Every company I've e-mailed lately with questions about their products have not gotten back to me at all. It's very frustrating.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Kryl0n fusi0n w0uld w0rk quite well just make sure that it has had a chance t0 dry f0r at least 1 week bef0re y0u put it in the aquarium. I painted s0me 0f my pvc black with fusi0n and all is well with the fish.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    Does Kryon Fusion stick to itself? Would I be able to spray the tops, let it dry, then spray the base?

And I tried googling more information on two-part epoxy to look at that again, and there wasn't a lot out there that was helpful. There's a lot of threads saying to use it to seal questionable items, but no information on brands to look for, amounts needed, pricing, how to actually apply it... Very frustrating. :/
    1. 2. (No Picture)