· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

Default Anyone else watch Tanked?

0 Not allowed!
    It's a show on Animal Planet that follows a company called ATM (Acrylic Tanks Manufacturing) as they build custom tanks for clients. Most of their tanks are saltwater, but occasionally they'll do a freshwatwer tank.

As I type this, a third season episode is playing onscreen. In this particular episode there's a giant two-tiered koi pond and a vault tank.

Most of the tanks are fascinating. There is one tank that has me cringing about their fish choice now that I've seen it after reading various things on here, but overall they're usually good about making sure things are perfect for the fish.
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I bet the tank you are cringing about is the 8 gallon tv tank. It had two bala sharks, a rainbow shark, an albino red tail shark, guppies, and some kind of silver catfish.

And the really sad part is that it was for a 10 year old kid and they set him up to fail.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    That's exactly the tank. The first time I saw the episode, I found that segment really touching. It was a tank that they agreed to, knowing they would lose money on it, because they saw their younger selves in the boy.

Then after learning the type of setup those fish really need, I was a bit horrified.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    Oh noooooooooooooooo... Now that episode is on. *hides* At least the rest of the episode has NPH and the Houdini Water Torture Cell Tank..
    1. 2. (No Picture)

0 Not allowed!
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    I also like that show but you have to remember, it's TV.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    Goes to 11!--Thank you, even after a search I hadn't seen those. Problem is, they're all timed out so that I would get a hand-slap if I tried to reply to them. If I want to be able to talk about the show, I have to start a new thread. :)

Strider--I agree. It's done for entertainment, and I find it entertaining. I think the themes to the tanks are interesting, as are the design challenges. As much as people on here complain that it's not educational, educational shows on aquariums would not get the ratings that an entertainment show pulls in. These guys have some knowledge themselves, both of the fish and how to keep clients happy, because otherwise they wouldn't be in business. They also have their own tanks at home, so they have to know something about caring for fish to maintain those.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider199 View Post
    I also like that show but you have to remember, it's TV.
    Which is why it's a bunch of loud mouthed people, that appear severely intellectually challenged, setting up tanks that will fail in 6 months?

Watched half an episode when it hit Animal Planet Europe, that was quite enough for me