· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default New 50gal/200litre Tank setup

0 Not allowed!
    Hi I am extremely new to aquariums aquascaping etc. I have setup my tank with some riccia carpetting grass and some java moss on some of my rocks and later maybe add a couple of java ferns. No C02 Currently but I use excel flourish and if the riccia dies I will purchase a co2 kit. Also have a large Airstone about half the length of the tank sitting in the middle at the back behind the rocks.

Going to be a tropical tank sitting at 25-27 degrees C and its currently just filtering and aerating for the week till i go get a couple of fish to start the cycling process.

I plan on having the following fish.

1x Silver shark
    1x Gourami
    20x Neon Tetras

Thats my start list I have plenty of rocks/hiding places where the smaller fish can hide if needed. I am aware that silver shark and gourami tend to eat the smaller fish but have read a few things where people have successfully kept them together just put the bigger fish in very young. Similar to how you keep cats/dogs together I guess.

Will probably look to add a couple more smaller fish after cycling.

I intend on starting the cycling with the 20x Neon tetras cause I believe if i start with the silver shark which is fairly hardy Im inclined to believe it will think any tetras added later will be food.

Any thoughts and recommendations from experienced aquarists would be very welcomed as I'm pretty much just going on reading material.

0 Not allowed!
    I have found that completing a fishless cycle is a lot easier and quicker than cycling with fish. There is a link below in my sig to a thread here that explains the process. I would suggest considering a fishless cycle to make things a little easier for you

Neon tetras are not the best fish to cycle a tank with
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a smaller 10 gallon tank which I will be using the squeezed filter water to assist with the kick off for this bigger tank. There is 10 Neon tetras in this smaller tank that were used to cycle it none died so I was just gonna stick to what worked for me.

More concerned about other things I might not know or be aware of Will add a photo in a little bit of the start of the tank.