· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    That has been my concern, precisely. Seems some others have had success with low dosing with marine calcium, but I have always been leary about it. Just from reading one of the posts here, it seemed to not be that dangerous in low quantities, but now I'm rethinking it, and may go with weighted cuttlebone, instead. Perhaps I can hide that behind a plant so it won't look unsightly. Then again, a cuttlefish is a marine creature, if I'm not mistaken, so its bone might have the same effect as using crushed coral.

My snails have shell issues, too, though it appears that my dojos eat some of them before the problem gets advanced enough to kill the snails. I've occasionally seen a vacated shell on the substrate, and no sign of its former occupant.

I can't tell if the snails are eating the Veggie Rounds I put in there; I only know they're gone before the next feeding. The dojos and my other fish go crazy over them, so not sure if the snails even get any.

Never tried zuchinni -- somehow, putting people food into a fish tank just doesn't feel right, but if this really works, it may be the way to go.

Thanks again for the info, and the warnings.
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

0 Not allowed!
    I have had pretty good success with calcium rich veggies. Ken's also has some calcium enriched sinking pellets that might also be a workable solution
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the É help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I have had pretty good success with calcium rich veggies. Ken's also has some calcium enriched sinking pellets that might also be a workable solution
    I raise several types of snails and crayfish as feeders, homes for some shell dwellers, and because I like snails, and feed mostly kens calcium pellets, with the occasional meaty leftover from the puffer. I have yet to have a pitting problem except for one instance where the Ph dropped due to some old driftwood going all mushy on me.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?