· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus 
    right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 
    Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    I love it when a plan comes together at a whim...congrats Laura, get us some discreet pics when you can...

I was just looking at black neons recently...the name sounds bland, but it doesn't describe the fish at all, IMO
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

come on in and sit a spell...welcome - SeaLady Thanks for the thumbs! - Slaphppy7 just because - cm12setx for surrving dinner with in laws - cm12setx doing a great build on your tanks! - SeaLady 
    Heres to new fish!!!! Yay - SeaLady Congrats on the new fish! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    For being my "rock" star, LOL! - Slaphppy7 you have come to the dark side:) mah haha - aquariumlover10 for cycling your tank - cm12setx For almost completing the cycle of 2nd tank - afro123 Congrats on the cycled tank! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF. - cm12setx Thanks. - mommy1 TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF! Have a drinkie drink! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new fish!

Awards Showcase

For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 
    Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 new fish - cm12setx 
    For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 
    For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl Have a Cory for a safe delivery - steeler58 Thanks for playing - mommy1 Dwarf Scissorstail Rasboras - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    Its so great getting new fish! Even OTHER peoples new fish...the excitement is shareable...Congrats, Laura!

1 Not allowed!
    yay for new fish! Laura, I learn new things every time I read in here. I'd like to ask: do you feed some of your veggies raw, or are they blanched first?

As SeaLady, I did not realize you could leave veggies in the tank for a while, either. No wonder I've not been successful at getting any of mine to eat them -- I only leave them in for around 5 minutes or something before fetching it back out again. ha ha

I'm so delighted that you are getting stocked up!
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; Cherry Barb; Neon Tetra; Rummy-nose Tetra; Corydoras sterbai; Red Cherry Shrimp; Mystery Snails; an Assassin snail
    live plants: Lace Java Fern on dw; a Sword plant; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw

5. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    LOL, hey, it worked for a frog I caught once, pooped all over me when I tried to fit him into my pocket with a little squeeze!....figured it'd work for fish, too!

DISCLAIMER: The frog incident was a long time ago, when I was a little kid...not recently...promise
    Bro you have a serious problem :P

and laura congrats on the new fish :)
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED 
    For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl 
    I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 thanks for the tip on the ammonia alert.  it's great for cycling with fish. - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    yay for new fish! Laura, I learn new things every time I read in here. I'd like to ask: do you feed some of your veggies raw, or are they blanched first?

As SeaLady, I did not realize you could leave veggies in the tank for a while, either. No wonder I've not been successful at getting any of mine to eat them -- I only leave them in for around 5 minutes or something before fetching it back out again. ha ha

I'm so delighted that you are getting stocked up!
    I leave my veggies in for 24 hours, they are not blanched. I left the zucchini in for 36 hours, which was too long. I'd say 24 hours for me is about it.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras
    Future 40 Long - Rummynose Tetras and Cories

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    From Petsmart -15 beautiful Black Neon Tetras. And I am beyond excited, 2 female longfin leopard danios!!! I have been looking for the leopard girls for about 7 months and have only been able to find males. PetSmart had 2 females and I grabbed them up! They're all drip acclimating into a bucket and then I will drip acclimate with the water from the 10 gallon QT (I'm making the water as I'm typing this), as I didn't have any made. I wasn't anticipating getting any fish today.
    I love the black neons and bought mine from Petco as an impulse buy; they were just so nice looking.

How do you sex the longfin leopard danios? I have four longfin zebra danios but have no idea whether male or female. These are the remains of a larger group I had that I won't be adding to.

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED 
    For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl 
    I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 thanks for the tip on the ammonia alert.  it's great for cycling with fish. - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

3 Not allowed!
    A male danio has a torpedo shape, much smaller than the female. The female is rounder on the bottom with a definite rounded belly look. It's hard to sex them when they're young, as they all look slender and only when they're a bit older can you really tell them apart. Most of the ones I've been looking at over the last several months have either all been obviously males or they've been too young to tell the difference.

Longfin male-
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras
    Future 40 Long - Rummynose Tetras and Cories

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    I leave my veggies in for 24 hours, they are not blanched. I left the zucchini in for 36 hours, which was too long. I'd say 24 hours for me is about it.
    Good to know this, thank you. Do you peel your zucchini?

I admit to not paying the extra to purchase organic. Maybe I should.

(How bad does that seem...? I'm willing to consider the well-washed, non-organic just fine for my family, yet worried it isn't good enough for my fish..... sheesh.)

*adds organic zucchini to my grocery list* anyhow
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; Cherry Barb; Neon Tetra; Rummy-nose Tetra; Corydoras sterbai; Red Cherry Shrimp; Mystery Snails; an Assassin snail
    live plants: Lace Java Fern on dw; a Sword plant; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw

Awards Showcase

Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 
    TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 
    Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and it's good to see you back. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome Laura! Congrats on the new fish. Can't wait to see them.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast