· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Yes. You can always aim the output of a spray bar at the back of the tank to defuse current.
    +1 I was about to make the same suggestion.

-S

1 Not allowed!
    I'm been using a XP2 (now XP-M) for a few years now. The spray bars certain do help, but you should try Taurus' suggestion first as it might be the easiest option.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

A toast to your next year! - imma24 Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 
    For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

1 Not allowed!
    I am very glad to report that the new rainbows are eating!!! They ate all their frozen bloodworms on Friday, but were not thrilled with the flake yesterday. This morning I gave them FD bloodworms and they were gone in a snap. They are colored up beautifully and seem well adjusted in the 10 gal QT.

Question - when you have a black substrate and feed NLS pellets (I feed the small fish pellets which are microscopic in size), how do the fish find them? Sense of smell?

Also, I got all the materials for making a spraybar. I am going to make 2 - one for the end and one for the back so I can decide which is better.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

1 Not allowed!
    Great to hear, I knew they'd come around....I would think they would use their sense of smell to find food, as they do in the wild
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

5. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear they are coming around.
    My pleco knows the moment a drop veggie wafers into the tank, regardless of where she it. and I know she sniffs them out ... it's kind of funny to watch.
    I suspect the snails sniff them out too because I've seen them stop and change course back toward a newly dropped wafer then slowly hone in on it.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

A toast to your next year! - imma24 Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 
    For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

Default Finally got my 2nd inline heater!

0 Not allowed!
    My 2nd inline heater was finally delivered today (was on backorder since 12/17). Now I can set up the 2nd 29 gal and get them cycled. I will be making the spraybars this weekend and testing the water flow.
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yea!!! will be eager to see everything up and finished!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    I second Cindy's comment.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

0 Not allowed!
    Good to hear...what's the progress on the 2nd 29?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I will spend all day this Saturday making the spraybars, redoing the hose lines with the added ball valves, testing water flow and making my water. Can't do anything till the spraybars are made and I am happy with their placement. Then paint them and start cycling. Still haven't made all my DIY artificial plants and I need to bring in a couple of rocks from my yard for testing.

I have to move the tanks out a little to install the 2nd inline heater, so I couldn't add water till that's done.
    Last edited by gronlaura; 03-05-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast