· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Let's have a toast...TO DISCUS!!! - Slaphppy7 So I don't have to drink alone to celebrate your new discus ;-) - wgoldfarb One more fish for the tank, happy the Discus got thier in such great shape. - steeler1 A Toast To An Awesome Discus Owner! - Slaphppy7 For a succesfull Discus move!! - steeler1 
    A toast to more discus! - Slaphppy7 For another safe arrival! - steeler1 For the loss of you Cory's - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie 
    Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 
    I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    wow! you were busy over the holiday!! total bummer that the paint looks grey... can't imagine how much of a pita that's going to be to scrape off. good job picking up another tank, you would think they would place those stickers on the outside far away from any seals. glad to read that you got a good deal on the plants... can't wait to see them all finished, you did such an amazing job with the design on the 75 gallon :)

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    you were busy. Must be something in the air. last week I switched out my 5 gallon betta tank for a 15 gal, planted it and today I added some pygmy cory a few more neons and a pair of nerites snails.
    Hope you second coat a paint works better than the first!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 
    Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    I have taken a vacation day tomorrow to scrape, repaint and add my sand and artificial plants. I still need to make my DIY sliding glass tops I need the glass) and buy the inline heater for the 2nd tank, but if all goes well, I can start a fishless cycle (using seeded bio media) on the 1st tank.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    Dang that sucks about the paint, sorry you have to do it all over again...what kind of paint was that, maybe you can save someone else here the hassle of going through what you did?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 
    Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Dang that sucks about the paint, sorry you have to do it all over again...what kind of paint was that, maybe you can save someone else here the hassle of going through what you did?
    It was Clark & Kensington Satin Indoor Enamel. Great paint that I used to paint my stand (which is very black). I think it has a reaction with the LED lights that makes it look steel grey.
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

Cool Using the first 29 gal as QT for 4 new neon dwarf rainbows!

1 Not allowed!
    Finally, fish in the first 29 gal! I am using it as a QT for my 4 new neon dwarf rainbowfish, 2 M & 2 F (they will complete the school at 7 fish). I got them at the swap yesterday and they are beautiful. They will be in the QT for 4 weeks.

Haven't started to cycle the 2nd 29 gal, as my inline heater for the 2nd tank has been on backorder since 12/17 (they are out of stock everywhere). The price is so good and with free shipping, I am willing to wait for it.

I have decided against the glowlight danios. The Rena puts out a good flow (QT is bare bottomed and it moved the fake plant from one end to the other) and the glowlights like calmer water. I am going to transfer my 10 gold pristellas from the 75 to the 29 (and add 4 more to complete the school) once the rainbows are transferred to the 75 gal and I do the aquascaping. The pristellas pretty much stay in the plants in the 75 - maybe in a species only tank they will be less shy. I also think their golden color will really pop with the black background and sand. I might add a calico BNP down the road.

With the tetras out of the 75, I will increase the scissortail school to 6 and add the 5 F longfinned leopard danios. I will use the 2nd 29 gal to QT these fish, as I don't want to add the amanos and peppered cories to a brand new tank. It won't be a mature tank, but will be running for 4-5 weeks.

Tonight I will put my beamswork fixture on the 29s and hopefully get some good pics of the new rainbows for posting tomorrow.

Also, the API Filstar XP-M canister (old Rena XP2) is a bit disconcerting - it makes absolutely no noise! I keep going over to check the surface agitation to make sure it's running!! I am used to the hum from my AC110s (it's like white noise now). The canister was super easy to set up and transferring the seeded media was a snap. I am extremely pleased with my first canister.
    Last edited by gronlaura; 02-17-2014 at 11:12 PM.

1 Not allowed!
    Glad you gave us an update, sorry you decided againt the Glowlight danio, I know you don't like alot of species in one tank but with a tank as big as your's you could put a decent sized school of them in your 75g? Just a suggestion.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the update. Sounds like all is going well.

And the photos are where???? :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Great to see this thread going again, can't wait to see pics of your rainbows!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Here are 2 videos from last night -

The brown stuff by the base of the plant are their NLS pellets from this morning. And they also ignored the frozen bloodworms. They will grab the food if it floats by, but not search it out. Maybe it will be gone tonight, although the filter is so strong it is sucking up the food. I have ordered a ball valve to adjust the flow. They were coloring up more this morning. Will try them with some flake food tonight.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast