· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default New tank setup. Indecision is killing me!

2 Not allowed!
    Hiya folks. Okay so I'm back with a greatly reduced tank size I have just started my fish less cycle and I'm having endless fun deciding my stock list. I could reaaaally really use some ideas about fish and the number I can have in the tank.
    Okay first things first:
    Juwel Rekord 800 with internal filter and an allpondsolutions external (ef1000) so my filtration is sorted. Moderately planted with liquid ferts/co2 (very low tech setup)

I will defiantly have shrimp at some point and I love corys...
    My fish wish list swings between the little schoolers like mosquito rasbora and the tiny clown killifish with no feature fish (worried they would get eaten) as I could have a ton of them
    To larger tetras and a feature fish.
    Problem is I literally cannot decide what fish I want or what my options are I really need some ideas of stock as well as sensible stocking levels as this is the smallest tank I've had before. It's 100l (80x35x45cms)

Okay water parameters....

Base (newly filled nothing added except wood and plants from established tanks, filter media is new)
    ammonia 0 nitrite 0 didn't bother with trates as only just started. Dosed 2ml of ammonia bringing it to 3ppm

Day 2
    Ammonia 1ppm Nitrite 0.25 (? Already???)
    Dosed 1ml of ammonia

Day 3
    Ammonia 1ppm Trites 0.25 dosed ammonia up to 3ppm

Pics (water cloudy as I stirred up the sand faffing with plants) external filter being put in tmoro
    image.jpg

2 Not allowed!
    Nice tank!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang Thanks for the tetra and TGIF to you ;-) - steeler58 Congrats on starting your cycle! - ah00471 Congrats on the cycle! - Slaphppy7 Congrats -- the first inhabitants due to move into your cycled tank! - RiversGirl 
    Hoping everything works out and you get delivery of your fish tomorrow.  I empathize with your stress and concern for the health and safety of the fish. - SueD Sorry for you UPS screw up, have a clover for some luck tomorrow ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep--glad to help! - WhistlingBadger Thanks for the heads up about TWS - steeler58 Congrats on all your new fish! - RiversGirl 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar 

4 Not allowed!
    Very nice setup you have there. If you definitely want to have shrimp in this tank that will play a factor in what fish you stock with, as they may end up as food for larger tetras.
    Did you use any seeded media when starting your cycle?

4. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Yeah I was worried about shrimp that's why I mentioned them. We are looking at possibly mosquito rasbora and Galaxy rasbora or little killifish.
    No seeded media unfortunately but the wood and plants are all from established tanks which I'm hoping may help even just a little.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Thank you for being a friend - Slaphppy7 First beer is on me, Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Congrats on #8! - Slaphppy7 TGIF, we need that tradition back! - Slaphppy7 Let's raise a mug... - Slaphppy7 
    Happy Father's Day - Slaphppy7 Hope you had a grand Father's Day Lee :-) - Taurus Congrats on your new tank and fish - Silbar Can't go wrong with corys! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on all your new fish! - RiversGirl 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    I've always liked these guys, not as colorful as some other micro rasbora's but I like them ;-)

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang Thanks for the tetra and TGIF to you ;-) - steeler58 Congrats on starting your cycle! - ah00471 Congrats on the cycle! - Slaphppy7 Congrats -- the first inhabitants due to move into your cycled tank! - RiversGirl 
    Hoping everything works out and you get delivery of your fish tomorrow.  I empathize with your stress and concern for the health and safety of the fish. - SueD Sorry for you UPS screw up, have a clover for some luck tomorrow ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep--glad to help! - WhistlingBadger Thanks for the heads up about TWS - steeler58 Congrats on all your new fish! - RiversGirl 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar 

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Batatazinha View Post
    No seeded media unfortunately but the wood and plants are all from established tanks which I'm hoping may help even just a little.
    I was wondering because you already have some nitrItes showing.

Awards Showcase

Thank you for being a friend - Slaphppy7 First beer is on me, Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Congrats on #8! - Slaphppy7 TGIF, we need that tradition back! - Slaphppy7 Let's raise a mug... - Slaphppy7 
    Happy Father's Day - Slaphppy7 Hope you had a grand Father's Day Lee :-) - Taurus Congrats on your new tank and fish - Silbar Can't go wrong with corys! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on all your new fish! - RiversGirl 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

3 Not allowed!
    And I like your mosquito or Chile's idea very much ;-)

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden

Awards Showcase

3 Not allowed!
    I've been wanting to try these my self ..........

-Vince Lombardi

Awards Showcase

2 Not allowed!
    I'm going to put endlers in my new 40 but they would work in your small tank as well ;-)

Just some suggestions....... ;-)
    -Vince Lombardi

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I LOVE those green rasbora but never seen them in any of my local shops.

I really wanted a pearl gourami but I don't want my little fish to be a midnight snack haha. Any pretty fish you think would be okay with the little rasbora??
    One I really like are the threadfin rainbows and they are easy to get here. Love all the suggestions but still not sure how many to get...worried I'll overstock.

Silbar I can't figure out the trites either...it was 0 when tank was setup and my tap water is at 0 too so somethings happened lol

So far I'm looking at maybe (not getting all of them these are just ones I like)

Chilli/mosquito rasbora
    Galaxy rasbora
    Clown killifish (teeny tiny)
    Pygmy corys
    Endlers because the colours are stunning

And would love either a pearl gourami or Krib or something but dunno if this would work due to tiny fish?
    Last edited by Batatazinha; 06-12-2016 at 07:22 PM.