· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the rep! - mommy1 Sorry for the loss of you "braveheart" it's a guppy but we don't have endlers ;-) - steeler58 Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas! - Anders247 
    Happy Friday, Deb! - BluewaterBoof Thanks for the nice compliment on Spardas's thread ;-) - steeler58 Good luck with the testing! - Slaphppy7 No endlers but have a guppy for all your hard work ;-) - steeler58 Happy Easter and thanks for the Rep! - Silbar 

Default Deb's 10g Endler and Shrimp Farm

5 Not allowed!
    If you've read my other journal lately you would see that I've been having round after round of new fish fry from the Endlers. It's time for their own home.

Details

10g Aqueon tank from Petco $1 a gallon sale - got it last week.

AC20 Filter $24.49 and Aqueon 50 Watt heater $23.98- coming from Amazon Prime delivery guaranteed tomorrow.

20" All Glass Versa Top $9.99 and 17" Marineland hidden LED $39.99 - coming from Drs Foster and Smith on slow free shipping should be here the end of next week.

Much of my selections came from suggestions from forum members and some of my own past experiences with products. I had a great suggestion on a heater but could not take the pink color on the top of it and bowed to buying something I already have and have used. A great forum member suggested a really nice filter and at the last moment I bowed to a known product that I am familiar with. Great suggestion on the cheapest all glass top anywhere, thank you. Again, the light came from a suggestion and it's funny but my current tank came with a hidden light and I don't like it at all. This one is actually longer than the one on my larger tank, allows for directional adjustment and is suitable for growing real plants, so I'm giving it a try. I almost went for a clip on LED on a suggestion until I looked at it and realized that it clipped onto the top of the tank. I had just assumed that it clipped onto the lip and was inside the tank, not outside, like the one I already had on my other tank. From a looks perspective and with a sleek all glass top I didn't want to detract with somehting sticking above the tank which is another reason for going with the AC20, it had a much lower profile. The filter I was looking at stuck up 4" above the tank top and that tipped the scale. I was really tempted to try the Finnex light that was recommended, pricing was nearly the same for the one I got but the fact that one sat inside the tank and the other above it, again tipped the scale.

So those are the only known items yet with the exception that it will had endlers for stock along with dwarf shrimp and snails. I've tried snails in my other tank and could not keep them alive. Another poster here has had the same problem in one of her tanks, snails thrive in the other tanks and die in one in particular. New tank, new try with snails. I've been hankering for shrimp for a while now and decided to go for it.

No decision yet on substrate, plant selection or other decor items like wood and rocks or a stand for the tank to sit on.

I'm off and running with a whole new aquatic adventure. Should be fun!
    Last edited by DebinWhitmore; 01-21-2016 at 02:27 AM.
    46 Gallon tank cycled.
    18 Cardinals 1 Pearl Gourami, male, 9 Pristella tetra, 5 Endlers + unknown number of fry, 5 otocinclus and 5 sterbai cory.

Deb' 46 Gallon Peaceable Kingdom
    Deb's 10 Gallon Endler and Shrimp Farm

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DebinWhitmore View Post
    I

I'm off and running with a whole new aquatic adventure. Should be fun!
    Subscribed.

Let's see how long it takes for you to send me some endlers.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the newbies! - Slaphppy7 Here's to new fish and a safe delivery ;-) - steeler58 takes the cake! - RiversGirl for making me laugh out LOUD thanks - SeaLady Thanks for the rep! - BluewaterBoof 
    Thanks for the Rep - Strider199 Have a tetra for the new fish ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang Thanks for the tetra and TGIF to you ;-) - steeler58 Congrats on starting your cycle! - ah00471 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar 

3 Not allowed!
    I will be following your new project and journal. Great way to start the new year.
    75G (cycling), 75G, 20L,10G, 20G

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the rep! - mommy1 Sorry for the loss of you "braveheart" it's a guppy but we don't have endlers ;-) - steeler58 Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas! - Anders247 
    Happy Friday, Deb! - BluewaterBoof Thanks for the nice compliment on Spardas's thread ;-) - steeler58 Good luck with the testing! - Slaphppy7 No endlers but have a guppy for all your hard work ;-) - steeler58 Happy Easter and thanks for the Rep! - Silbar 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Subscribed.

Let's see how long it takes for you to send me some endlers.
    After your last experience getting something from the "north" country it may be a while before our temps warm up to think about shipping. When it's time - you'll be the first!
    46 Gallon tank cycled.
    18 Cardinals 1 Pearl Gourami, male, 9 Pristella tetra, 5 Endlers + unknown number of fry, 5 otocinclus and 5 sterbai cory.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silbar View Post
    I will be following your new project and journal. Great way to start the new year.
    Thank you Silbar, I agree!
    46 Gallon tank cycled.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Joe, I'll try to make it entertaining.
    46 Gallon tank cycled.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DebinWhitmore View Post
    When it's time - you'll be the first!
    I better be.

When will it warm up there, maybe a duration of 2 weeks in July?

10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

9. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Yay for more Endlers!