· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam's 38g

1. Default Adam's 38g

1 Not allowed!
    Having had this tank setup since March, I guess now is the best time to startup a journal seeing as the tank is finally in good condition (I hope). Recently I lost a pair of German Blue Rams to ich, but luckily the main tank wasn't infected. So that left me with 10 black neon tetras, 3 Cory's, and the newly added 2 angelfish that are doing really well so far. Currently I'm in the process of switching over to all live plants which is taking a bit longer than I'd hoped. I'll attach a picture of one plant that I haven't identified, but other than that I also have 2 Cryptocoryne crispatula. Both species of plants seem to be experiencing issues with some holes forming in them and I'm not sure why. Any help would be appreciated, other than that, enjoy the journal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by adamlafrance; 11-24-2014 at 10:40 PM.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here's the unknown plant
    image.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Looks brilliant :)
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

Awards Showcase

T.G.I.T.!....cheers! - Slaphppy7 For a fellow tetra lover ;-) - steeler58 For the new fish ;-) - steeler58 Here's to new fish and shrimp ;-) - steeler58 Sorry about your Cat I hope she/he rallies - steeler58 
    Thanks for all the thumbs up ;-) - steeler58 So sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 T.G.I.F. - Slaphppy7 New gifts show still show up : ) - mommy1 Thanks for the help! Cheers! - BluewaterBoof 

0 Not allowed!
    I have heard that crypts sometimes need to get adjusted to your water conditions and so sometimes their leaves will "melt" and look raggedy. I know this happened to about a third of the crypts I bought about a month ago, but I just snipped the leaves and they are looking good now. Compass is the crypt-master...if anyone know, it would probably be him.

Your tank looks very nice though, good job and I am glad you are going over to live plants. I did years ago and I have never regretted it!

5. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Just got the new LED in today, absolutely love the way it lights the tank up.

photo.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice tank. May I ask what species of cory do you have?
    10G Planted - Ren's Little Palace (Butterfly Betta) and Pond Snails.
    30G Planted - 1 Angel, 1 Whiptail Catfish, 2 Bristlenose Catfish, 6 Assassin Snails, 7 Kerri, 8 Diamonds, 16 Lemons, Pond Snails.
    Water Wisteria, Java Fern, Anubias Nana and Vallisneria.
    3.6G - Sitting with water ready for something.

1 Russian Dwarf Hamster - Hathor
    1 Syrian Hamster - Danny

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    3 Juli corys right now. I bought my LFS store out of them and was told they'd be getting more in soon so I could grab a few more to make for a larger school. I've been waiting for a while now though, looking like they won't be getting them in.

8. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Got a shipment of plants in today including an amazon sword and four cardinal plants. Super happy with the health of the plants, everything is looking good! Only ordered two of the cardinal plants but there were a few plants in each put so I had a few more than I planned on which is kinda cool. Took a few pictures including part of the new setup and one curious angelfish, the pictures were taken though before I sifted out broken roots and other unnecessary debris.
    IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg

Awards Showcase

Singin in the rain.. just singin in the rain... - showmebutterfly for passing 22,000 without breking a sweat ;-) - steeler58 for passing 22,000 without breking a sweat ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - steeler58 Happy Dad's day indeed ;-) - steeler58 
    Happy Father's Day! - BluewaterBoof Thanks for all the thumbs up! - fishkeeper4 Share a drink for the new betta :| - Boundava Happy 4th of July! - Taurus Here's to the 4th ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great, nice job!

I'm unsure what a "cardinal" plant is, though...(?)
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Looks great, nice job!

I'm unsure what a "cardinal" plant is, though...(?)
    It's advertised as a cardinal plant on the liveaquaria website, but it's really "lobelia cardinalis dwarf".
    The leaves are a deep purple underneath with a darker green on the top, hopefully they'll help to fill in
    the tank quite nicely! And thank you!
    38G Freshwater Community - Angelfish, Julii Corys, Black Neon Tetras, Dojo Loach, Bristle nose Pleco, Assassin Snails