· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad day

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, it sounds like she passed peacefully.
    well apparently from what we were told she went happy, had a large steak bone to herself sunday evening and passed away in her sleep. If they were going to lose her, that is the way they wanted it to be.

My fiance is doing ok, little rough, but Pandora knew something was up so was very cuddly which i think helped a bunch

On a brighter note though we finally got a call for the type of kitten we have been looking for, she wants a lilac point applehead female siamese (so far next to impossible to find). So we get to go look / pick out the little fish eater later this month

Awards Showcase

poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx 
    Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 
    Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Good deal, so glad she passed peacefully, and that you guys have another pet to occupy yourselves with
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Crushing news, S0 S0rry. I als0 can relate. I had a d0g Sam that I grew up with, we had him 15 years and had t0 put him d0wn because he had cancer- @ 21 years 0ld I cried f0r 3 days straight, c0uldnt bring myself t0 be useful at all. My heart aches f0r y0u and the fiance, sincerely. My best wishes t0 y0u b0th.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

0 Not allowed!
    I firmly believe that love is both eternal and transcendent. Physical death isn't the end of the story. And I always find that helpful whenever a loss like this occurs, be it a pet or a person. There's more to life than just what's here.

Meanwhile, some very lucky kitty is about to find the best home she could ever dream of. Well-cared-for pets are one of life's richest experiences, for both the animals and their owners. (Of course, one never really "owns" a cat.)

Hang in there, both of you. Blessings ahead . . .

--mermaidwannabe
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

Awards Showcase

Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    You and your family-to-be are in my thoughts and prayers. And yes, that lucky kitten will have a very special home.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras, Amano Shrimp, BNP. Right Tank (still cycling) - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    we are very excited about the kitten possibilities and are just hoping nothing falls through or appears "sketchy" when we go to pick one out.

Thank all of you for your kindness and willingness to listen. This is a really great group of people

0 Not allowed!
    Man, that stinks. I'm sorry for your loss, Hardy. Losing my Chocolate Lab, Hershey, was probably one of the most heartbreaking things I've experienced. That and losing two parakeets in my hands (killed by Teflon poisoning - beware the nonstick pans!). Hershey was my best friend, growing up, so I can imagine what your fiance must be going through. It's a tough thing... we get so close to these pets and even share our lives with them, talk to them, cuddle with them, feed them, parent them. It's a link like nothing else.

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

As an aside, it's great to see you're ready to adopt another pet. Great choice on the lilac point applehead siamese - very beautiful animal. Seems like a theme for the day, but... To new beginnings!
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    We lost Max yesterday. He had kinda been walking around lost since Molly passed away so we knew he wasn't going to be too far behind.

I know he's a lot happier now that he's back with Molly. It was just over a month between the two, and molly had been 2 weeks older than max

Awards Showcase

Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for your loss. I'm sure Molly met him at the Rainbow Bridge and helped him cross over.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras, Amano Shrimp, BNP. Right Tank (still cycling) - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz 
    In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    awww... hardy i'm so sorry but know that molly now has her partner at her side and he no longer feels alone