· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishkeeper View Post
    Ooh, just realized. Giant danios could be good for dither fish, they're fast, large enough to not be food, bold, and not easily scared by other fish.
    You would think that but 9-10" oscar can easily hunt a school of full grown giants danios at night when the lights are turned off.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm... Maybe not, then. How about syodontis (can't spell it) catfish? They're fatter and they're active. Or some sort of giant cory. There are cories that get like 5" long, I think...
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FishGuy67 View Post
    My jack dempsey would do the same thing when he was alone in a tank they really need something to do.

Have you considered some silver dollars or maybe some other schooling fish to keep him company? He needs something to chase imo,
    Yeah, it made sense when somebody or other said he would be better off by himself being a dominant territorial temperament, but that's just sad..... attacking himself in the mirror all day. I agree with getting him somebody to chase if you can find a fish that won't be emotionally distraught by it. Another oscar would be cool. Just because they fight doesn't mean it isn't better to have two. Or a pack of small fast schooling fish like fishguy said.

0 Not allowed!
    Why are there people posting in this thread who know nothing about keeping oscars? You are not helping the OP if you are just guessing at solutions.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Everybody just likes to be a part of the discussion and express ideas and thoughts. At the same time I do agree with you I also believe that you can tell when someone is professing knowledge and expertise or just throwing their two cents and thoughts in. I will attempt to keep my personal opinions at a minimum.

Before I go I will say I don't home any Oscars and never have, but fish have feelings too and even if they don't we must treat them as though they do because anything else would be inhumane and we are of a higher intellect than that.