· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

Default Spotted something small and fast,

0 Not allowed!
    Looking at my reef today I saw something resembling an ant crawling on the live rock. This thing is fast and never stops when out in the open so getting a picture would be impossible for me at least.
    There seems to be three segments to it. The head is white, the middle is reddish brown, and the rear section is white. It is about the size of a small red ant. One of my fire fish spotted it and gave it a quick poke and retreated immediately. This little thing moves on the rock and sand. It disappears into the holes of the live rock for short periods (seconds), and comes zooming out again.
    It moves too fast for me to see if it has any claw like features or even how many sets of legs it has.
    I have not come across any pictures on the net of this critter yet but I'm still searching.
    Any thoughts?
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, I wonder what the heck that is?...you've only seen one, correct?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    One for sure but the way it moves in and out of the rock it's hard to tell. This little bug is fast.
    Usually if there is one, there are a few more.
    I'm hoping it's an algae eater of some sort.

0 Not allowed!
    Could it be a type of pod ?

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/copepods.html
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    It looks similar to the isopod picture in that link Cliff. The one with the white rear section in the middle pictures. The one that says, "makes food out of fish." What does that mean?

0 Not allowed!
    Well.... it really does mean what it says. There are some types of Isopods that will attach themselves to a fish (like a parasite) and live of the fish. This obviously is not too good for the fish. As a rule of thumb, if they look like a pic of a isopod, and you can see two big black eyes, you more than likely have a isopod. I would suggest googling a lot more pics to be sure if that is what you have or not. With 1000s of different pods, this can be a challenge to correctly ID what you have.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I'm still looking into it. I was at the lfs (saltwater only), and asked about what I saw. They have no idea but said they will help look into it.
    I was surprised how quickly the firefish took his mouth off it yesterday.
    The things that grow in a reef tank are awesome. It's like exploring a new world every few days within your living room. This is a great hobby which I can't get enough of.
    Now back to that pod. Google, I'm back. hehehe

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.seahorse.org/library/TEST...h/isopod.shtml

I think I found the pod I saw yesterday. 4th picture down to the right in that link.
    Munnidae pod. At least thats what it looked like scurrying around the live rock.