· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by huntergirl1215 View Post
    Oops, i missed typed. it's not a leaf frog, its an african spotted leaf fish. sorry for the confusion.
    Figured that when I went googling. :) Have a look at the site I linked.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yes i have, very helpful for sure. and it sounds like it's a pretty hardy fish considering its oddness?.. I pretty much fell in love with him already so if there's any problems in the aquarium the other fish will probably be rehomed first. but every one has been pretty docile with each other as far as i know(i can't watch what happens at night) and he has only chased the gourami out of his log that he has claimed...Thank you for the link.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, one more thing then. Do consider that probably everything in your tank is still young and growing and the situation could change.
    If tha'ts your favorite fish then perhaps design the tank around it?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes i will, and i do understand that it could and probably will change as they all age. I know he is very young yet as he's only about an inch long, i'm looking forward to watching him grow up. He seems to be getting more comfortable with his surrounding as he is coming out and away from his log today. I'm going to be getting some live plants soon to help him feel more covered and not as exposed as well especially at the waters surface. and there are lots of hiding places, but he's kind of taken to that log.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hi! Nice to meet ya.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So it's been about a month and i have changed a couple things in my tank. Started live plants, 1 curl val, a banana plant, several anacharis, some pennywort, and a hornwort. I love the banana plant and its doing very well, lots of bottom leaves and sprouted a pad about a week ago. I'm having a little bit of difficulty keeping the anacharis planted, they keep floating up every chance they get, somewhat frustrating seeing as the hornwort is a nice floating plant(the ghost shrimp love hanging on this). I have also rehomed the raphael catfish as suggested by talldutchie and got a small bushy nose pleco instead. The bn is a much more practical fish for my tank i believe and it has been hard at work cleaning the tank. My anubis had a little bit of algae starting to grow on it and he cleaned that right up. In addition to the bn pleco, i also added a couple phantom tetras and a ton of ghost shrimp(although they may have fallen prey to my leaf fish, as i haven't been able to find any the last day or so), i should have expected that. With all the new addition of live plants and caves in the tank he has been very active and very fun to watch when he's hunting. Has become very comfortable with his environment. Everyone seems to be happy and healthy and thriving. Until next time...happy fish keeping!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    hello and welcome to the AC .
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.