· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

Default Got a new camera (finally) hope it's not a lemon!

0 Not allowed!
    Well...I bit the bullet. After doing some research (ahead of time for a change) I went ahead and bought myself a new camera.

My old camera was a Fujifilm 5 MP point and shoot - that I've been using for years with no issue. It served the purpose. But the quality of the pictures just isn't there (my last set of holiday photos was a little disappointing)...plus, I now have my phone with an 8 MP camera for those point and shoot moments - where overall quality is less important than just an image of the event/moment.

Now I have a Nikon 1 J1 (~10 MP). I stil wanted a small camera that I can fit in my purse if I have to. Hubby still has his big DSLR...and I really didn't want one like his...just too big to haul around (in addition to hauling my purse, lol - not to mention I usually end up carrying his wallet and keys in my purse too...when he's hauling his camera...because he dosen't have murse of his own ). And it has a built in flash...which I wanted.

So they've upgraded this mirrorless Nikon line...and the J1 is on sale now...which is a bonus. Got a 32 MB memory card on sale as well. But then I also bought an extender and a macro lens..and spent a fortune in total (er, which was not part of Plan A...)...

I think I have the camera figured out...now I have to see if how the macro lens works and If I want to keep it and the extender.

I hope the camera itself is okay...the reveiws were mostly positive...and some of the negative comments I think were related from the new owners not knowing how to use the camera properly...

Guess I'll find out!

Anyone else have one of these cameras? Pros? Cons?
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    I only read about them when I got my last camera. They did sound really good and a lot of people highly recommend them.

So..... when can we expect to see some pics ......... ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    I want some pics too!!!!!
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    First I have to take some...of something other than the ornaments on the coffee table...and get them on the computer...lol...

Maybe later today I'll have some more time to play with it! Won't be anything exciting though...:D

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    Fish! We want pictures of fish lol.....
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    That would be appropriate, but my fish/tanks are unexciting...the CPDs are always hiding - so the tank looks empty...and the goldies aren't esp. nice goldies...lol.

0 Not allowed!
    The user interface on that camera drives me bonkers! But, if you manage to get beyond that it's actually quite a nice camera. Pretty good sensor!

I'm curious about the macro lens though, can't find a nikon 1 macro on the website.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    We were gone yesterday...and I am working today so no play time for me yet. But I looked at the lenses they sold me.

Nikon FT1 mount adaptor.
    Nikkor AF S DX Micro 40 mm f/2.8 G

Hope I copied that down correctly...

0 Not allowed!
    My camera that just "went" is a Fujifilm 3800. Actually, I can still take photo's but can not load them to my computer. Been driving myself nuts with it but apparently some files come up missing and the computer now will not recognize the disc for downloading it. (Or online)

I will have to be content with looking at your photos instead of mine. :)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    We were gone yesterday...and I am working today so no play time for me yet. But I looked at the lenses they sold me.

Nikon FT1 mount adaptor.
    Nikkor AF S DX Micro 40 mm f/2.8 G

Hope I copied that down correctly...
    The mount adapter is a good idea, allows you to use all the "normal" nikon lenses. The 40mm is optically a very good lens but a bit "short" on DSLR cameras. It could work well on the 1 series. I would advice you to keep the box and the paperwork for it. Should you decide to replace it in the future it will fetch more on the used market.