· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    This is supposed to be Cryptocoryne parva, like the stuff I already have, but it's HUGE! I ordered this online. Doesn't exactly match but what the heck.

And a load of Crytocoryne becketii. Far greener than my brown variety.

And a quick side shot to show the floating Limnobium spongia ("Frogbit"). I'm hoping this doesn't get burned by the lights. The water level has to be quite high in this tank.

I'm going to give this all around 10 days to settle and root in, and then I will transfer the filter and fish. At last! I think I'm being remarkably patient (I normally dive in and rush things). A sign of age?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Wow your tank is gorgeous.. I hope that I can get a nice planted tank like this in my future. Jesus. Is it even a month old? Its gorgeous. It really is. The driftwood looks amazing and you're fantastic at plant arrangement.
    My 10 Gallon Aquarium Journal
    10 Gallon Planted: 1x Apistogramma trifasciata, 8x Nannostomus marginatus
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi, 3x Otocinclus vittatus

~Formerly known as Carapar56~

0 Not allowed!
    Cheers. Very nice of you to say. Yeah it's been planted around two weeks now. Still on only six hours of light each evening which seems to be working. Growth has been impressive given I'm not dosing ANY ferts or CO2. I put that down to the intense lighting and the ADA substrate. I'm going to leave it low tech until things start to visibly struggle, then I will look at dosing ferts and tabs. Things might change a bit once fish are in and producing phosphates etc.

I might still move a few things around as I'm not sure I've got it quite right yet, but we'll see. I don't decide on any changes until that wood on the left stays down without the rock on it. I'll probably leave it at least a month.

It looks well planted as there are LOTS of plants in there (around 100 added recently, and batches from two other heavily planted smaller tanks). I'm sure I'll have to do a lot of pruning in a few weeks and I'll be giving them away!

Awards Showcase

For your loss. - steeler1 <3 - Sandz Let's have a toast...TO DISCUS!!! - Slaphppy7 So I don't have to drink alone to celebrate your new discus ;-) - wgoldfarb One more fish for the tank, happy the Discus got thier in such great shape. - steeler1 
    A Toast To An Awesome Discus Owner! - Slaphppy7 For a succesfull Discus move!! - steeler1 A toast to more discus! - Slaphppy7 For another safe arrival! - steeler1 For the loss of you Cory's - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    I am sooooo totally jealous, your tank and plants look phenomenal!!!! I'm "trying" do just do java ferns, anubias & swords (potted) in my soon to be Discus community tank but now I wish I had done more of a planted tank...maybe if I can sneak another tank into the house lol

Awards Showcase

A toast to your next year! - imma24 Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 
    For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Your tank looks beautiful and very natural. I really like it.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, RCS, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    I'm going to give this all around 10 days to settle and root in, and then I will transfer the filter and fish. At last! I think I'm being remarkably patient (I normally dive in and rush things). A sign of age?
    AGE? Nope, that's a sign of wisdom and skill. It's a gorgeous tank.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    Firefly you do indeed have a green thumb, well done!
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, the new plants have been in for six days now. I thought that was enough time to be able to finally introduce my fish.

First thing to notice is how quickly the colour in the barbs returns when they are happy. They were all a pale peachy colour when I caught them - difficult to tell males/females apart. Within about ten minutes of getting into the new tank they were flushing.

It's so nice to see them exploring, and much happier than in their bare holding tank.

The peppered cory 'big momma'. Looking a little skinny compared to her usual rotund self, but she is very much enjoying some substrate at last.

Wink

0 Not allowed!
    The baby corydoras is doing well.

And the otos are delighted with having some fresh algae and plants to work over. They've been kept on catfish tabs and frozen peas for three weeks until now.

And here's a full tank shot.

0 Not allowed!
    Current stocking.

Filtration is at 404% which I'm please with!

Still looking for suggestions for any additions. I might up the cory numbers to 10 each.

I'm considering any of the following:
    - marbled hachetfish school
    - black neon tetra school
    - cardinal tetra school
    - a pair of dwarf cichlids of some kind, possibly apistogramma of some sorts
    - rainbowfish school
    - zebra danio school
    - false penguin tetra school

I'm aware I have moderately hard water (pH 7.0) so none of these are ideal...but I'll work with what I have.
    Last edited by ~firefly~; 07-21-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast