· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a tetra, you fit right in with this crew!! - steeler58   Have a tetra, you fit right in with this crew!! - steeler58   thank you for the stocking suggestion - showmebutterfly   TGIF! (non-alcoholic for you!) - showmebutterfly   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Love your tank :)

Why not try putting your fish in a breeder box.
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the clarification - Mith   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   sorry about your angelfish - smaug   Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R   Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    that is freaken gorgeous, wish my tank was half as nice!

haha just noticed what you are calling penguin tetras...I guess cuz its Canada, they are called hockeystick tetras here
    Last edited by sheamurai; 09-15-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    20gal long planted community
    5 gal planted betta

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Congrats on guessing the DT. - Silbar   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep, and welcome back ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, your tank has grown to be absolutely stunning!
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Christmas Clownfish,  Enjoy the holidays - Cliff   Happy New Year!  Pop a cork for me :o) - fishmommie   Merry Christmas! Hope you and your family are well. - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cm12setx   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I wish I could plant my tank like that. It looks so nice all fixed up. Just my darn Pleco would tear it all apart! Great write up and pictures!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post

This tank would be a winner in most any aqua-scaping competition. It's breathtaking.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Xmas! - Sandz   H'agassizii a lovely christmas! - ScottishFish   Thanks!  Merry Christmas to you, too! - KevinVA   Merry Christmas - mommy1   
    HIV/AIDS - ~firefly~   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by afro123 View Post

Why not try putting your fish in a breeder box.
    Two reasons. 1. I'd never catch it. The tank is too large and deep; the fish are too fast. I can only catch the REALLY sick ones. 2. What good is isolating it within the same water column? If it's diseased it'll be sharing it with everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai View Post

haha just noticed what you are calling penguin tetras...I guess cuz its Canada, they are called hockeystick tetras here
    Yeah, not so much in the UK. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    This tank would be a winner in most any aqua-scaping competition. It's breathtaking.
    Thanks. It's not really scaped...just a jungle look! There are far more deserving and inspiring set ups out there. I spend a long time browsing them all! To be honest you can't really go wrong if you get a good piece of wood so that helps.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments everyone. I accept critique too!
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a tetra, happy you got your Emperors ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Hard to find anything to critique.. your tank is gorgeous!
    DM's 20g high - journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Xmas! - Sandz   H'agassizii a lovely christmas! - ScottishFish   Thanks!  Merry Christmas to you, too! - KevinVA   Merry Christmas - mommy1   
    HIV/AIDS - ~firefly~   

1 Not allowed!
    Cut the lawn this week.

Willow moss is doing well.

Lawn and crypts.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

HIV/AIDS - ~firefly~   

1 Not allowed!
    Right-hand side.

And a close up of the slightly root-bound lawn. I still can't believe this is vallisneria - it stands up to being chopped down really well. I'm going to have to do something about how dense it's getting soon.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   Good to hear from you again! - Slaphppy7   Happy Independence Day! - Slaphppy7   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice as always!! One day I will learn to keep plants as well as I do my fish ;-)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast