· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Need some information about Severums and firemouth

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, i have a 50 or 55 gallon don't really know what it is and im going to keep one of these fish, not yet decided which one yet.

The tank i have are drilled in the button for a canister filter to come without any hose. My question is if any of these fish will break it. It's the end of a canister filter setup the intake and outtake, it is made out of plastic.

I know if i would put an oscar in the tank he would break it since they are asses!

Im asking since there is a chance of a leak happening if those plastic pipes breaks and i have just moved back into my apartment after a floor installation from my 100 gallon cracked. not keen to have this happen if i can prevent it.

I will probably add in a module to hide the pipes but they are quite expensive so that can take a while.

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    If y0u have big concerns, why n0t plug the h0les with bulkheads and plugs? Then y0u can just run a n0rmal canister c0nfigurati0n. D0esn't take much t0 d0. 0r buy s0me PVC pipes and fittings t0 rer0ute the plumbing al0ng the b0tt0m and up the side 0f the tank t0 get it tight t0 the wall, then the fish w0n't mess with the plumbing. If the pipes are already cl0se t0 the wall it sh0uld be fine n0 matter what y0u have f0r fish as l0ng as the plumbing is in g00d shape.
    Last edited by Longshot; 06-29-2013 at 06:03 PM.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the  help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    I have a bottom drilled tank with my moray, a few years ago it was home to an 18" pleco. If they couldn't break it off I highly doubt a FM or severum could. That being said, you may want to upgrade to some heavier duty plastic. I use the little extenders they sell at hardware stores for sprinklers. They screw right into most bulkheads, come is varying sizes.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rain-Bird...7#.Uc8kNPmyDg8

Just put some rocks or driftwood over it and your set. Can get a strainer too if you get smaller fish.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okey then my worry is settled thanks so much. ill see if i can make it impossible for them to reach the area as adults.

0 Not allowed!
    I think firemouths are a better choice for your tank size.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Fire mouths, or 1 sev, sevs get pretty descent size