· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Very concerned...White Cloud Mountain Minnow with bump on side

0 Not allowed!
    A few days ago I noticed a bump on one side of the white cloud when I was looking down at him during feeding. The bump got larger so and now almost looks like a corn on his side with the skin pulled tightly over it and I think a little white or clear center. WCMM are very fast, so its difficult to get a good look.WCMM eating normally. Yesterday I noticed he was sometimes having trouble keeping level, with his head down ant tail up. Not sure if this is related to the bump causing boyancy problems or a swim bladder problem. He continues to eat and interact normally.

Eclipse 12, est. March 2013, cycled April 2013 API Master Test kit Results: pH: 7.4 Ammonia: <.25 (almost totally yellow) Nitrites: 0 Nitrates: 5-10 Temp: 74 Water treated with Prime and temp matched before water changes. Water changes 25%-33% per week with gravel vacuuming each week and filter cleaning in tank water usually every week.

Inhabitants: 1 glofish (survivor), 3 golden white clouds, 1 white cloud All eating well and acting normally. Nothing new added to tank in over 2 months. I did have a pH spike from 7.4 to 8.4, but did a 25% water chance and it went back to a steady 7.4. All other fish appear OK. I have had all of the fish in this tank since January or so.

I tried researching this and thought it might be a parasite, so I started treating with API parasite general cure yesterday...so far no change- one more dose due tomorrow. I used 1 packet for treating a 10 gallon tank because they are very small fish and I have alot of gravel so the actual volume is closer to 10 gallons. I was unable to get PraziPro locally but have it on order online. I have pictures, but so far have only seen the sticky for gallery pics. How do I add pics to individual posts?
    Please help!

2. Default Pic 1

0 Not allowed!

3. Default Pic2

0 Not allowed!

4. Default Pic 3

0 Not allowed!

5. Default Pic 4

0 Not allowed!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Note: on the first 3 pics you have to click on the price to see the entire photo.

7. Default More Info

0 Not allowed!
    Aside from the intermittent boyancy problem, he is still eating and acacting normally. I feed a mixture of pellets and flakes. I don't think the pellets are the problem because the swelling is asymmetrical

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ &quot;genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol&quot;  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    could be a swim bladder problem
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just looked at him and the lump seems to protrude more, but the entire bump seems smaller. I'm not sure its the swim bladder because of the protrusion. Is this a symptom of swim bladder problems? What should I do now? I think I'll continue to monitor , but I'm not sure if this new development is a sign of improvement or worsening problem. At this point, I'll still add the 2nd dose tomorrow per the directions.

10. Default Pic 5 today's pic

0 Not allowed!
    I just took this, he's still very fast! It looks a little different. I'll continue with the 2nd packet today then continue tto monitor. Anyone have any ideas what this is? If it isn't a parasite, how long should I wait between treatments?P1060411_zps158cb392.jpg