· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    That's a river manifold. Would indeed be an interesting option for denisons

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like a giant hillstream loach setup.

As I have mentioned, i have 2 canisters on my tank. One is in each corner. Filter A has it's spraybar mounted to the side glass, so that the water is pushed across the front of the tank, towards filter B. Filter B has it's spraybar mounted vertically on the back glass, pushing the water along the back of the tank, towards filter A. This creates a circular flow in the tank. In my experience the fish prefer this bidirectional linear current over traditional setups.
    125 - big fish - BGK
    125 - cichlid community - cichlids (red severums, chanchitos, bolivian rams, blue acara, chocolate), rainbows (yellow, turquoise, red and boesmani), loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis, golden wonder killis
    90 - african community - Congo tetras, african knife, african butterflies, spotted ctenopoma, palmas bichir, african featherfin
    10 - female pink convict
    5 - betta/ADFs

QTs - 2x29, 20H, 20L

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    This may seem like a silly questi0n, but EG. Tr0ut like fast m0ving water because it is high in 0xygen but they need places t0 rest. In a river tank the fl0w w0uldn't be quite as high- w0uld the fish (in this case , the barbs) need current breaks such as larger r0cks- t0 rest behind? And w0uld the circular fl0w cause a pr0blem finding a resting place? I find these setups intriguing, but I am c0mpletely at a l0ss f0r kn0wledge- s0 I'm n0t ready myself t0 set 0ne up.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

0 Not allowed!
    There's various ways to create flow but you're right a rest area is usually a good idea

0 Not allowed!
    Just like in the wild, aquarium fish structure in the form of rocks, woods, plants to hide behind and take a break.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cool. Someone raised an ethical issue - I didn't realize they were endangered in the wild. What are folks' thoughts on that? Is there a way besides price to confirm the source of stock?

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm.. not really. Can you trust your shop?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here in the states most "CHAIN" aquarium stores get their freshwater fish from Seagrest farms in Florida.

0 Not allowed!
    Had a quick look. They seem to raise some things themselves but on the vast majority of their fish they';re very vague.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suda Nim View Post
    Is there a way besides price to confirm the source of stock?
    Not that I know of.
    125 - big fish - BGK
    125 - cichlid community - cichlids (red severums, chanchitos, bolivian rams, blue acara, chocolate), rainbows (yellow, turquoise, red and boesmani), loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis, golden wonder killis
    90 - african community - Congo tetras, african knife, african butterflies, spotted ctenopoma, palmas bichir, african featherfin
    10 - female pink convict
    5 - betta/ADFs

QTs - 2x29, 20H, 20L