· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by icefreeze57 View Post
    Yes, my biggest concern is getting the Oscar out of that little tank and into a bigger tank. I believe an Oscar can be in a 75G tank, fairly easily. If you mean " It is the smallest acceptable size tank for A solo oscar", I agree.
    If you mean that you believe that you have significant room for other stock also. I disagree.

So you think I should at some point upgrade that second AC 50 to a AC 70 and run two of those? At an absolute minimum I would run all three of those and considerably more [Like double that] would be required to be in my comfort zone for a large wide bodied waste factory like an Oscar.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Heck I'm running two AC110's on my 75g (previously my 55g) for 5 german blues, 10 rainbows and some cory lol

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goes to 11! View Post
    No, I don't think I can do a lot with the stock, but I don't think I'm done either. I want a nice pleco/catfish and maybe another smaller fish. I'm not trying to do anything to insane with the stock.

I'm also going to try to up the filters. I have another AC 50 but its on my 40G tank (that I want to take apart) and runs aside a shitty filter (a topfin 40 I think, which I don't trust too much).

If you think its a real issue only running the AC 50 & 70, I COULD put the TF 40 on that tank as well (run 3 filters). I know the TF 40 doesn't solve that problem but it could help. If you think it won't make to much of a difference I'll leave it be. I don't really trust it running by itself on the 40g tank (though I'm sure it could, it did for a little bit before I got my 1st AC 40).
    RIP Shark Bait, my Red Tail Shark :(

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    BTW. Thanks for the help, its very much appreciated
    RIP Shark Bait, my Red Tail Shark :(

Awards Showcase

Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 
    Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    I do believe you will need to up your filtration though. Really the min on that tank would be two AC70's, but being that its an oscar I'd think you'd want more
    I run 2 AC110s on my 75 gal community. Great filtration.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"