· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaaaaaah!!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

Default Gaaaaaah!!

0 Not allowed!
    My cat Jack knocked my soda all over my laptop. :( I immediately flipped it over, though it took a minute to get the power cut (I was panicking). I'm trying to dry it out in a bag of rice, but it doesn't really fit, and I had a Geek squad guy get the hard drive out. He said it looked like the hard drive was fine. Only time will tell for the rest of it. I'm on my phone right now.

I hope my best is enough. I don't have money for a replacement computer, and I'm looking for a new job and need my computer for that. :( :( :(
    Last edited by Flyby Stardancer; 06-25-2013 at 02:09 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no! Disaster. What a ***** of a cat! :( Good luck, hope your laptop comes right. I dropped my phone in a bucket of water a few days ago but snatched it back out before any water could get in.

P.S try the hot water cupboard. Also I once dropped my phone in the sink when I was 16 -- was too impatient to wait until it dried out in the hot water cupboard so I put it in the oven on a really low heat and kept the oven door open a bit so it didn't get too hot. Within an hour it was working again.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Hot water cupboard? What's that?

And sadly I do not have a working oven. It's back in rice and drying the slow way now. I didn't see any sparks or smoke and a friend who knows his tech stuff says that's a good sign. He also says that if it doesn't work, he has a few computers he's been meaning to refurbish that I can borrow.

0 Not allowed!
    You don't know what a hot water cupboard is? Maybe you don't use that term in the US. It's the cupboard that your hot water cylinder is in?

0 Not allowed!
    I think you're looking for the word boiler.

You can mount that harddisk in an external usb housing should the laptop prove to be toast.
    I was in a computer shop recently and noticed quite a few refurbished Lenovo T61 laptops for very decent prices. If I was looking for a laptop for a little bit of internet and office work I'd pick one of those up. Sturdy workhorses./

0 Not allowed!
    lol We don't call them boilers here... I thought a boiler was a huge thing that everyone seems to have in their basements in american movies! (they don't build houses with basements in NZ).

Do you not have hot water cupboards in other parts of the world? Our hot water cylinders in NZ are almost always in a cupboard by the bathroom with shelves in it next to the water-heater, and you put your towels in there to keep them all warm. :)

Oh... sorry...

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    My hot water heater is freestanding in the garage. lol

Talldutchie, if mine doesn't work, I can borrow one from a friend until I get a better job and can afford to purchase a decent one of my own.

My friend seemed optimistic, since there was no sparks or smoke.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ameliaaahx View Post
    Do you not have hot water cupboards in other parts of the world? Our hot water cylinders in NZ are almost always in a cupboard by the bathroom with shelves in it next to the water-heater, and you put your towels in there to keep them all warm. :)
    No. Got a geyser all the way in the attic.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What kind of soda?
    What make and model of laptop? Is it still in warranty?
    HAVE YOU REMOVED THE BATTERY?
    Did you or someone else clean it out with distilled or reverse osmosis water?
    Heating electronics with beverage residue still on them will only accelerate corrosion.
    Last edited by BIO-Linist; 06-25-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    Diet DP. It's a type of Toshiba Sattelite that I bought around 2010, so well out of warranty. The battery is out. It hasn't been cleaned yet, just drying out. I don't have the tools or skills to take it apart for cleaning.

I'm posting to the board from my phone.