· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

View Poll Results: Do you have a regular seat?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a regular seat at the ktichen table.

16 66.67%
  • I sit wherever there is a spot open at the kitchen table.

2 8.33%
  • I have a regular seat in my living area.

15 62.50%
  • I don't have a regular seat in my living area.

5 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goes to 11! View Post
    ...Seems like a terrible idea to me to position a tank where there is only one decent seat..
    Time to design a living room with seating all around the tank?

...now where to place the TV? Do we bother with a TV, or does that ruin the ambiance? However, there are all those crucial (and seemingly endless) sporting events that just must be watched (er, by some of us...)...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    Time to design a living room with seating all around the tank?

...now where to place the TV? Do we bother with a TV, or does that ruin the ambiance? However, there are all those crucial (and seemingly endless) sporting events that just must be watched (er, by some of us...)...
    From My Chair (noticed how I capitalized that), I have my TV in front, with my 75 gal a bit forward and to the right. The future dual 20 longs will be a bit forward and to the left. My TV is a crucial part of my tank/ living room. My tanks are designed around the TV. My seating is designed around the tanks.

Forget about needing a bigger tank - I need a bigger living room with more wall space!!!!
    Last edited by gronlaura; 06-27-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras, Amano Shrimp, BNP. Right Tank (still cycling) - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Park it where it fits, this enables perspective.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    From My Chair (noticed how I capitalized that), I have my TV in front, with my 75 gal a bit forward and to the right. The future dual 20 longs will be a bit forward and to the left. My TV is a crucial part of my tank/ living room. My tanks are designed around the TV. My seating is designed around the tanks.

Forget about needing a bigger tank - I need a bigger living room with more wall space!!!!
    Barring your new home...we need a picture of the current arrangement...complete with My Chair!

0 Not allowed!
    Kitchen table? WHAT kitchen table? Ours is always so cluttered up with hubby's papers there's no room on it to eat! We just grab whatever we want and eat in the livingroom. Of course, he has his own desk up in our loft, but will he USE it? NOOOOO.....
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

0 Not allowed!
    BTW, the backs of the kitchen chairs are clothes racks ....
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, why in the world did you put your kitchen table in his office?!
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    That's a whole 'nuther ballpark, or poll...

Mine wants to do the same thing. It takes a lot of nagging, er, I mean work, to keep our kitchen table and chairs free of 'hubby clutter'. We actually gave him his own office downstairs several years ago. I didn't care if he used to work in...but thought he'd at least keep all his stuff in it.

I don't think he used it once - in any way.

We also have a functioning upstairs office. It's mostly 'mine' (since I'm the one that often works from home)...but he also has allotted storage space in it...and can use it if I'm not...and it's only 10' from the kitchen table. And...it's still a no-go too...

However...what annoys me most...is that 'my' laptop...that I use for work and for my personal stuff...seems to be the go-to family computer. Even though 'they' each have their own - that I don't even think of touching.

Hubby, for example, will take pictures (lots and lots of them)...and then get mad when I don't download them off his camera onto my computer and edit them...just the way he likes them edited. I'm working on putting a stop to that now...I think we're almost there...:D

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    Barring your new home...we need a picture of the current arrangement...complete with My Chair!
    When I get the dual 20 longs setup, I will try to remember to post a photo.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras, Amano Shrimp, BNP. Right Tank (still cycling) - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"