· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: first coral

1. Default first coral

0 Not allowed!
    i bought my first coral saturday! it is a dragon eye zoanthid. any tips on caring for this coral, feeding, lighting, hardiness? my setup is biocube 14 with a blue actinic, a 10000k daylight, a 3 watt lunar led bar and a 3 watt white led bar. i have kent marine microvert food for inverts and also some supplements such as iodide, cacium and strontium and molybdenum

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry I missed this thread johncomeau8.

My zoanthid's get plenty of light. Thats all the feeding I give them. I'm sure when I feed baby brine shrimp to my sun coral and popcorns some flow over to the zoa's but I do not target feed them.
    If they are open while the light is on they are getting what they need. If they start to stretch towards the light during the day you may want to move them higher in the tank.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.