· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: cloudy water

1. Default cloudy water

0 Not allowed!
    my biocube 14 has been having some cloudy water issues and it seem to be dimming my light intensity any suggestions on how to fix i tried a water change already

0 Not allowed!
    What are your current water parameters ?

What has changed in the tank lately ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    new additions: firefish and clown goby. dragon eye zoanthid. paramaters(before water change):
    ammonia- 0.25
    ph- 8.1
    nitrites- 0
    nitrates- 5.0
    phosphate- 0. 25
    calcium- between 500 and 520
    temp between 78 and 80
    these reading arent great but the tanks has been running two weeks with no water change (because i wanted to be sure it cycled) and i added 2 fish so the small spikes dont surprise its the calcium that bothered me

0 Not allowed!
    Your calcium reading really doesn't mean to much without knowing your alkalinity and salinity levels. 500ppm is not the end of the world and as your pH is in line, I would not worry too much about it right now. But if you want a reef tank, you'll want to know those parameters

As you started out with 14 lbs of live rock to cycle your tank, and you had no ammonia reading for well over a week, something must have changed.

Did you add the goby after you added the fire fish ?

Are you still getting temp swings due to your lights ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    no i added at the same time. the salinity is 1.025. i am still getting temp swings but its only about a degree and half to two degrees and much slower now that i added a cooling fan. i just tested again parameters are : ( after water change)
    ammonia 0
    nitrite 0
    nitrate about 3
    calcium 450
    salinity 1.025
    phosphate between 0 and 0.25
    ph 8.0

0 Not allowed!
    Those are pretty good parameters

I would guess there was a mini spike related to adding your two fish or overfeeding

Keep a close eye on things, feed every second day for the next week just to play it safe

Is the water still cloudy ?

Edit:

I almost forgot to ask, how much flow do you have in your tank ???
    Last edited by Cliff; 06-24-2013 at 03:11 AM.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    water is still cloudy the particles are everywhere. the stock 180 gph pump. and i bought the fluval cp2 425 gph for a circulation pump. (not sure if the fluval pump is any good or not let me know if know anything about it)