· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

Default I was a bad girl yesterday

0 Not allowed!
    I was working at an office that's right next door to a Goodwill store, so after work I went in to casually browse... And found a little tank in the back that I took home for $6.

024_zps586152b2.jpg

Well, the clown-puke is going to go bye-bye, but the filter-light combo is still there (just needs a sponge/cartridge) And if the filter doesn't work... There's always using a new one. :)

It looks to be in the 1-2 gallon range. A Marineland Eclipse PFES 02D. I've e-mailed Marineland asking for whatever information (preferably a pdf manual) that they can give me about it. The only light that will fit is a C7 incandescent. I wish they made grow lights that small.

This will definitely end up as a QT tank, for smaller fish. I need a QT tank anyways, right? Especially if a fish gets sick. :) I won't be able to add many/any medicines to my 5 gallon planted.
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Cute! Was going to suggest plants and shrimp until you got to the incandescent bulb part. Wish we could pick up tanks that cheap here! You'd be expecting to pay at least $50 for that same thing here.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    The reason it was cheap was because Goodwill is a thrift store, and the pricing people probably didn't know the retail value. lol

Might stick it by a window that gets mostly diffuse sunlight and try some low-light plants that way.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

0 Not allowed!
    if you want a QT tank, then there is no need for any gravel, or little to none decorations and plants.
    of course you can if you want.
    i hear some people say, "i kept a goldfish in a bowl and it lived for a year."
    they don't know how lucky they were and all goldfish live at least 15 years in proper conditions.
    that is equal to saying my human lived in his closet for 5 years!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, that's why I'm getting rid of the gravel. (At least, why I'm not replacing the current gravel with another substrate. LOL) The decorations are there partly for me, and party to help any skittish fish to feel safer. But I wanted it to mostly be stuff that could easily be cleaned after a sick animal.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

0 Not allowed!
    That's amazingly ugly! However, as a free QT you can't beat it. :)

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    And it will certainly need less work to be ready than my other 2 gallon tank. :) Which frees up the other tank to possibly be a shrimp tank...
    1. 2. (No Picture)