· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Our bedroom aquarium has four Irian red rainbows and four turquoise rainbows in it.They all school together with each other and with five dennisons barbs.(rose line sharks)This has been going on for three years now.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skullduggery1 View Post
    Our bedroom aquarium has four Irian red rainbows and four turquoise rainbows in it.They all school together with each other and with five dennisons barbs.(rose line sharks)This has been going on for three years now.
    What size tank?
    125 - big fish - BGK
    125 - cichlid community - cichlids (red severums, chanchitos, bolivian rams, blue acara, chocolate), rainbows (yellow, turquoise, red and boesmani), loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis, golden wonder killis
    90 - african community - Congo tetras, african knife, african butterflies, spotted ctenopoma, palmas bichir, african featherfin
    10 - female pink convict
    5 - betta/ADFs

QTs - 2x29, 20H, 20L

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This configuration is taking place in a 65 gallon.It has live plants and gets a water change(25%)twice a month.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skullduggery1 View Post
    This configuration is taking place in a 65 gallon.It has live plants and gets a water change(25%)twice a month.
    Yeah, tank size has a lot to do with behavior. My various rainbow species schooled together in a 4 foot tank. Once I put them in a 6 foot tank, they stopped - each school does it's own thing.
    125 - big fish - BGK
    125 - cichlid community - cichlids (red severums, chanchitos, bolivian rams, blue acara, chocolate), rainbows (yellow, turquoise, red and boesmani), loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis, golden wonder killis
    90 - african community - Congo tetras, african knife, african butterflies, spotted ctenopoma, palmas bichir, african featherfin
    10 - female pink convict
    5 - betta/ADFs

QTs - 2x29, 20H, 20L

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My boseman males are each a good five inches. The dominant male is often the biggest, with the others staying a bit smaller. My tank is a four footer, 55 gallons, and I think I'm lucky in the way that they do not pace the tank like greyhounds. They are very peaceful fish for me.

In a happy tank I don't think they even school much. Mine don't. But you can't underestimate the sizes of these guys. My old girl Australian rainbow, before I lost her, measured a full six inches(including finnage of course).

Anyway, I know this thread is a bit old....I hope you found a stocking plan that works for you. Rainbows of any kind are fabulous centerpieces to longer tanks.
    Beth
    1 - 55 gallon planted community
    3 - 10 to 20 gallon planted betta tanks
    My advice: slow down, think, and be willing to learn. Then you'll be fine, no matter what.