· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Default 1Sarah's 10g Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Found this tank at a yard sale Sat June 15, $10 for the tank and Aquaclear Mini HOB filter. Bought new filter media and Silica sand substrate Sunday. Bought a bubble stick, air pump, heater and thermometer at Walmart and also added ammonia Monday evening to get a reading on an API liquid Ammonia test of 2ppm. Tested water Thursday evening and it was down to about 1.5ppm, so ammonia is going down. Have to pick up Nitrate and Nitrite tests yet.

0 Not allowed!
    How large is the tank? I'm asking because it's quite possible that the filter isn't big enough for it - great that you're cycling it first!
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

0 Not allowed!
    Just a lil 10g. Filter's good up to 20g. Not my first tank, had a 10, 40 and 100g before, used ammonia to cycle the 100g and it worked like a charm :).

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I believe the aquaclear mini is the old name for the aquaclear 20. Should work great for that tank.

Any thoughts as to what you want to keep in it?

0 Not allowed!
    I was at my LYS today and I really liked the micro rasboras so I'm thinking a bunch of those (10 or so). I'm torn between a few cherry shrimp or dwarf corys. For a show piece fish I know gourami's are common but I've never had much luck with them. Possibly a male betta but I'm open to suggestions.

0 Not allowed!
    I absolutely adore micro rasbora, they are just too cute. :) Green Neon tetras are another of my favourites.

I vote cherry shrimp -- but that might just because they are a novelty to me because we can't get fancy aquarium shrimp in my country.

You should check out TallDutchie's journal, he had micro rasbora and pygmy cories.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=105405

Awards Showcase

TGIF! - Compass My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue 
    TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus 
    TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus 
    Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Also, when you are ready for some RCS, get in touch with korith, he'll give you a great deal and healthy shrimp...I believe he's on vacation for a few weeks, though:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=97450
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, I looked at all his pictures, it's a lovely tank. I'm more leaning toward shrimp as well, not that I don't love cories but shrimp are more unique and red ones would really stand out against the white substrate and beigey rocks I picked up yesterday.
    Ammonia was at about 1ppm this morning so slowly decreasing. Being patient sucks.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, though I'm not sure if it'd be possible to ship to Canada?

Awards Showcase

TGIF! - Compass My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue 
    TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus 
    TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus 
    Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Ooops, sorry, didn't notice your locale when I posted....I don't think he can...there are other online sites that may be able to, though...shrimp are fun to keep, me and my daughter love watching them
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal