· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your new tank! - ~firefly~   Another fish for your 10 gallon - Slaphppy7   Yay, you're cycled finally!!!! - JudiJetson   Here's your first beer!! - gronlaura   B0tt0ms up, refill the cup!!! - Longshot   

Default 1Sarah's 10g Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Found this tank at a yard sale Sat June 15, $10 for the tank and Aquaclear Mini HOB filter. Bought new filter media and Silica sand substrate Sunday. Bought a bubble stick, air pump, heater and thermometer at Walmart and also added ammonia Monday evening to get a reading on an API liquid Ammonia test of 2ppm. Tested water Thursday evening and it was down to about 1.5ppm, so ammonia is going down. Have to pick up Nitrate and Nitrite tests yet.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    How large is the tank? I'm asking because it's quite possible that the filter isn't big enough for it - great that you're cycling it first!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your new tank! - ~firefly~   Another fish for your 10 gallon - Slaphppy7   Yay, you're cycled finally!!!! - JudiJetson   Here's your first beer!! - gronlaura   B0tt0ms up, refill the cup!!! - Longshot   

0 Not allowed!
    Just a lil 10g. Filter's good up to 20g. Not my first tank, had a 10, 40 and 100g before, used ammonia to cycle the 100g and it worked like a charm :).

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

> - korith   Someone who treats clowns with respect deserves one. - talldutchie   Good luck with your FF teams this season! - Slaphppy7   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA   

0 Not allowed!
    I believe the aquaclear mini is the old name for the aquaclear 20. Should work great for that tank.

Any thoughts as to what you want to keep in it?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I was at my LYS today and I really liked the micro rasboras so I'm thinking a bunch of those (10 or so). I'm torn between a few cherry shrimp or dwarf corys. For a show piece fish I know gourami's are common but I've never had much luck with them. Possibly a male betta but I'm open to suggestions.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Since you can't have a real severum - ScottishFish   Thanks for the help stocking my aquarium! - tate8   A dontation for your school of Neons. - steeler1   They don't have your loach but this one is closer to yours than a clown loach. - steeler1   A television for you, while I rearrange. :) - tate8   

0 Not allowed!
    I absolutely adore micro rasbora, they are just too cute. :) Green Neon tetras are another of my favourites.

I vote cherry shrimp -- but that might just because they are a novelty to me because we can't get fancy aquarium shrimp in my country.

You should check out TallDutchie's journal, he had micro rasbora and pygmy cories.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=105405

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Also, when you are ready for some RCS, get in touch with korith, he'll give you a great deal and healthy shrimp...I believe he's on vacation for a few weeks, though:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=97450
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, I looked at all his pictures, it's a lovely tank. I'm more leaning toward shrimp as well, not that I don't love cories but shrimp are more unique and red ones would really stand out against the white substrate and beigey rocks I picked up yesterday.
    Ammonia was at about 1ppm this morning so slowly decreasing. Being patient sucks.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, though I'm not sure if it'd be possible to ship to Canada?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Ooops, sorry, didn't notice your locale when I posted....I don't think he can...there are other online sites that may be able to, though...shrimp are fun to keep, me and my daughter love watching them
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers