· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Swim Bladder Problem?

0 Not allowed!
    I think my Peppered Cory has some sort of swim bladder disease. Last night he was normal and ate his pellet like usual, in the morning I wake up and he has a red belly and is struggling to get down from the bottom! Is this some sort of swim bladder disease? If so, how do I cure it? My Chinese algae eater has been bloated for some time now but he looks and acts completely normal, does he have it too? Please answer.
    "I think sometimes people are like onions. On the outside smooth and whole and simple, but inside ring upon ring, complex and deep."

Do it (everything) LIKE A BOSS!

55 gallon Community: 1 - Emerald Cory, 1 - Chinese Algae Eater, 2 - Black Tetra, 1 - Blue Gourami, 2 - Clown Loach, 6 - Guppy, 8 - Neon Tetra, 2 - Peppered Cory, 1 - Red-Tailed Shark, 1 - Upside-Down Catfish, 3 - Dwarf Gourami.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hi. Sorry you're having trouble.
    A photo of both the cory and the algae eater would help. So would the answers to the following questions.
    How long have you had your tank? Is your tank cycled? What are your water perimeters? How often do you change your water and how much do you change?

You have an unusual mix of fish. Just an fyi - cories like to be in a school of a minimum of 6 of the same species. Clown Loaches grow very large and also like schools. You will run out of room for them soon.
    As for the 3 dwarf gourami - generally, one per tank as it is inevitable they will start squabbling and someone is going to get injured or killed.
    additionally your red tailed shark is known to be aggressive. is it possible he's harassing the cories and or the algae eater and may have caused an injury? Also does he have a place to hide so he doesn't feel threatened?
    just looking for some possible causes here.

In the meantime, until you figure out what's going on, I'd remove both fish from your 55 and put them in a hospital tank. If it's a disease, this may help prevent other fish from getting it. If it's injuries, then it will give them a respite.

get back to us with answers to those questions and hopefully someone will come up with something definite for you.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The cory is dying, he is locked in place with his spine, and I found out that it is not contagious. I also am looking into the fact that my emerald cory and julii cory completely disappeared at the same time for two weeks now. The algae eater is just fat, I just saw another photo of an algae eater online ant they look the same. My computer won't let me download photos, and since the cory is dying, I'll let him die in peace. Also, I have not updated my AQ profile lately and I actually got rid of the other two dwarf gouramies. The red-tailed shark is actually quite peaceful, except with the black tetras who are a little aggressive as well. The cories have made a school even though some of them are different species of cory, and the clowns are fine, I've given them plenty of space to grow into. So, do you have any theories about what happened to the julii cory and emerald cory? If not, thanks for your help anyway!
    "I think sometimes people are like onions. On the outside smooth and whole and simple, but inside ring upon ring, complex and deep."

Do it (everything) LIKE A BOSS!

55 gallon Community: 1 - Emerald Cory, 1 - Chinese Algae Eater, 2 - Black Tetra, 1 - Blue Gourami, 2 - Clown Loach, 6 - Guppy, 8 - Neon Tetra, 2 - Peppered Cory, 1 - Red-Tailed Shark, 1 - Upside-Down Catfish, 3 - Dwarf Gourami.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would still be curious about the answers to the questions about how long you've had the tank, if it's cycled, what your water perimeters are and how often and how much water you change. we always start there when trying to determine cause.
    sorry about the cory.
    If it's dying, it would be more humane to euthanize it than let it suffer longer.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492