· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

【ツ】 - korith   first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra   a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra   tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra   looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer   

Default Kinda stupid question...

0 Not allowed!
    What's the best way to add the full amount of Prime when you need to add water in multiple batches due to the bucket holding less than what you need to add?

My take is 5 gallon. My bucket is 2.5-3 gallon (I forget exactly). Even if my bucket were 5 gallon, I wouldn't be able to safely pour that much water in the take at once without spilling it everywhere. (Just getting the 5 gallon bottles onto my water cooler are a big enough challenge, much less trying to hold them in place while they drain out!)

Do I add all the Prime to the first bucket? Do I try to split it between buckets? Am I way over-thinking this?
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For being one minute late on the DT contest. - Silbar   First round on me , Happy Birthday - gadget228   For hanging out on a lazy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Thanks for the rep!  This is going to be fun! - WhistlingBadger   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyby Stardancer View Post
    Do I add all the Prime to the first bucket? Do I try to split it between buckets? Am I way over-thinking this?
    Nope. Yep. Nope. Use the prime bottle cap as a measuring device and add a bit of prime to each bucket.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

【ツ】 - korith   first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra   a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra   tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra   looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer   

0 Not allowed!
    Honestly, my tank is so small that it's easier to dose it out in drops than with the bottle cap. lol

And good to know which way to do this. :)

Now if only my substrate would get here... They tagged it as Out for Delivery... then whoops, it was left at their facility. Bah. It was scheduled to be delivered today, and now they don't have a delivery date on it.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep! - steeler58   Thanks!! - steeler58   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   Thx4rep - pRED   Won't let me give a rep ptr re the 12 gal tank - fishmommie   

0 Not allowed!
    i use a medical syringe with 0.1 ml increments. works better for small quantities.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I like the dropper because then I don't have to worry about trying to reach what's left when the bottle starts getting low. :)
    1. 2. (No Picture)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   and gift - mommy1   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff   Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199   

0 Not allowed!
    And if you add too much Prime to your individual buckets, no worries. I usually add enough Prime to each 2.5 gallon bucket for the whole tank. Never had an issue.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   To help you sleep... - Rue   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   My turn to buy - fishmommie   Right back at'cha! - KevinVA   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Surfdog   Autism - Surfdog   

0 Not allowed!
    Add the prime directly to the tank after you have removed the water. I don't have a choice as I use a python type setup on my 75G fresh water changes. If your worried about harming the fish, remember that you can safely exceed dose by 5 times. I remove 50% of the water, dump in 1 cap of Prime and then refill the 75G. Have never had 1 problem doing it this way. That said, this is using prime only! I don't know about any other product or use any other for that matter.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid (John Wayne)
    If you're not angry, you are not paying attention (Ralph Nader)
    9 Tanks (2-29G QT) ranging from 150G to 10G for my 1/2 moon Beta
    https://youtu.be/avRN9X77jD4

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For being one minute late on the DT contest. - Silbar   First round on me , Happy Birthday - gadget228   For hanging out on a lazy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Thanks for the rep!  This is going to be fun! - WhistlingBadger   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog View Post
    Add the prime directly to the tank after you have removed the water. I don't have a choice as I use a python type setup on my 75G fresh water changes.
    Lots of people change water using this method without issue.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to the holidays! - Slaphppy7   Happy holidays! - rebecca_finny   Merry Christmas (Santa Loves Pie) ;-) - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Good to see you here again... - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Agreed, im one of them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie   Thank you for all the plant advice - showmebutterfly   Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Same here, even if I think that surf dog is under dosing... really should be doing 1-1/2 cap fulls.

Just put the 1ml directly into the tank before you start fill and you really should be fine