· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

Default Kinda stupid question...

0 Not allowed!
    What's the best way to add the full amount of Prime when you need to add water in multiple batches due to the bucket holding less than what you need to add?

My take is 5 gallon. My bucket is 2.5-3 gallon (I forget exactly). Even if my bucket were 5 gallon, I wouldn't be able to safely pour that much water in the take at once without spilling it everywhere. (Just getting the 5 gallon bottles onto my water cooler are a big enough challenge, much less trying to hold them in place while they drain out!)

Do I add all the Prime to the first bucket? Do I try to split it between buckets? Am I way over-thinking this?
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyby Stardancer View Post
    Do I add all the Prime to the first bucket? Do I try to split it between buckets? Am I way over-thinking this?
    Nope. Yep. Nope. Use the prime bottle cap as a measuring device and add a bit of prime to each bucket.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Honestly, my tank is so small that it's easier to dose it out in drops than with the bottle cap. lol

And good to know which way to do this. :)

Now if only my substrate would get here... They tagged it as Out for Delivery... then whoops, it was left at their facility. Bah. It was scheduled to be delivered today, and now they don't have a delivery date on it.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

0 Not allowed!
    i use a medical syringe with 0.1 ml increments. works better for small quantities.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    I like the dropper because then I don't have to worry about trying to reach what's left when the bottle starts getting low. :)
    1. 2. (No Picture)

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    And if you add too much Prime to your individual buckets, no worries. I usually add enough Prime to each 2.5 gallon bucket for the whole tank. Never had an issue.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

0 Not allowed!
    Add the prime directly to the tank after you have removed the water. I don't have a choice as I use a python type setup on my 75G fresh water changes. If your worried about harming the fish, remember that you can safely exceed dose by 5 times. I remove 50% of the water, dump in 1 cap of Prime and then refill the 75G. Have never had 1 problem doing it this way. That said, this is using prime only! I don't know about any other product or use any other for that matter.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog View Post
    Add the prime directly to the tank after you have removed the water. I don't have a choice as I use a python type setup on my 75G fresh water changes.
    Lots of people change water using this method without issue.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Agreed, im one of them.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Same here, even if I think that surf dog is under dosing... really should be doing 1-1/2 cap fulls.

Just put the 1ml directly into the tank before you start fill and you really should be fine