· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, my bad on the interruption part, I stand quite firmly corrected and I should have written E.G. ( for example) 4ppm, seeing as that is what I did for my 150 gallon. I make mistakes when on 4 hrs of sleep in 3 days- off to bed I go. Have a good day all.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My Nitrite finally dropped to zero while I was away and I asked a family member to dose a very little amount of ammonia while I was gone and of course they poured way to much. My tank smelled like ammonia when I arrived home. I did two 90% water changes. The smell is gone but the ammonia levels are still extremely high. What else should I do two bring it down?

Ammonia 8.0+ ppm
    Nitrite 0 ppm
    Nitrate 10 ppm

Awards Showcase

【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm still on the learning curve myself, but I would just keep doing water changes until the Ammonia is down to half of the original dosing level, and then see if/how fast it cycles.
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Yup - the way to remove ammonia is to change your water, wait about an hour, test the water and see how far down the ammonia has come - you might want to change like 75% at a time, test, etc.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by imma24 View Post
    Yup - the way to remove ammonia is to change your water, wait about an hour, test the water and see how far down the ammonia has come - you might want to change like 75% at a time, test, etc.
    How frequent should I change the water a day to get the ammonia down? I did 90% last night.

0 Not allowed!
    I would change twice a day if that's what it takes - I don't know what your original ammonia level was but obviously 8 is overdoing it a bit ; ) - that'll stall everything.

I forget what size tank you have? If someone has super high ammonia, I recommend changing it enough times to get the level down to where it should be and then let it drop to 0 - again, test an hour after you change your water.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks. I'm on my 5th 90% water change and nothing has seemed to change yet. Ammonia is still extremely high and Nitrite 0 Nitrate around 10ppm.

Awards Showcase

for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer 
    Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thanks so much for everything. - metweezer Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Geez, how much ammonia did they dump in? Are you waiting at least an hour after the water change to test for ammonia?
    If it's called tourist season why can't I shoot them?
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    A moderator on a fish forum should be able to identify an oscar... Don't you think?

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I asked the same thing and got a dumb answer. The first water change everything smelled like ammonia. The only thing that has changed is that the smell is gone. I wait more then hour before I test. I just finished another change and I'm gonna test in an hour and most likely do another water change.

Awards Showcase

for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer 
    Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thanks so much for everything. - metweezer Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    That's about all you can do until you bring the ammonia down to where you can read it.
    If it's called tourist season why can't I shoot them?
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    A moderator on a fish forum should be able to identify an oscar... Don't you think?