· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

Default Would this be okay?

0 Not allowed!
    So, I have a bunch of sempty kitty litter buckets around (Tidy Cats, and I wouldn't consider the litter aquarium-safe!)... Would I be able to clean them and use them as spare buckets? I'm thinking storage for things I don't use everyday, for use in water changes, etc.

I know having at least one storage one with heavy substrate in the bottom would be nice, because I would be able to sit it in front of the hutch where I'm setting up my tank, so that the cats can sit on it and watch the tank (or just as likely, use it as a platform for jumping up to inspect the tank).

Another idea that I have used before. Since my tank is small (only needs .5 mL Prime), what I did before was to clean out a bottle of eye drops really really well, then fill it with Prime. 10 drops = .5 mL, thus making it easier to dispense Prime since I use such a small amount and the bottle is so big.
    Last edited by Flyby Stardancer; 06-15-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

0 Not allowed!
    I used to use them. Had no issues.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 2 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    I thought they might be, but I wanted to check first. :) Better safe than sorry.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

0 Not allowed!
    Good idea on the eye drop bottle. You could do that or just use a medicine dropper, like this: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wal...001630-product
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    I could use the medicine dropper, and it's a very good idea. :) The only issue with medicine droppers is that eventually the level of Prime in the bottle drops beyond what the dropper can reach. That's why I like the eye drop bottles..
    1. 2. (No Picture)

0 Not allowed!
    That's a good point. I've dealt with that issue before (with medicine). lol
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    The only thing with kitty litter is that some brands can be dusty which can cloud your tank. So rinse before use.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    Oh definitely. I did a basic rinse the way I learned in my college chem classes--three times, each with vigorous swirling to get everything!

...Now I need to get some DI water for cleaning the test tubes... I don't feel like they're truly clean until they've been rinsed 3 times with tap, followed by 3 times with DI.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My Dad re-uses plastic cat litter containers for aquarium use with no problems. Should be fine.

Awards Showcase

Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl 
    Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I use a large cat litter bottle, that was thoroughly rinsed, to keep water for my pet bowls out in the garage, no problems, done it for years....

As far as the medicine dropper for Prime not reaching far enough into the Prime bottle, just get you a little shallow glass jar, and dump some of your Prime into that, then use the syringe to draw it out of that...I use a little pimento jar, with a lid, that was thoroughly cleaned beforehand...baby food jar would be just as good
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal