· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like button?

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

Question Like button?

1 Not allowed!
    Perhaps I am getting too facebook-ised, but I wonder if its possible to add a like or thumbs up button to individual posts?
    sometimes a good one liner makes me laugh, or I agree with the advice a poster has given - but by the time I read the thread that post may be 6 posts back...or there are enough posts stating the same thing I don't see the need to add my two cents but I'd still like to show my agreement.
    I think it might be cool to be able to add a thumbs up to a post for those times making a reply doesn't suit the thread. Happened today twice while reading older threads...

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    There's another board I'm on, called Ravelry. In their forums, at the bottom of each post, they have six different toggle buttons (educational, interesting, funny, agree disagree, love). When you click on one of them, it adds to the count. For instance, if 5 people hit the 'agree' button on someone's post, the toggle will read agree(5). And if you hit one on accident, undoing the action is as simple as clicking on it again.

While I'm sure their system is proprietary, I keep looking at the bottom of the posts for the toggle buttons when I'm on other sites as well! It's a similar idea to liking a post, and it's something that's really handy for when posts are further back, or you don't have anything to add except that you agree with what someone is saying.
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    yah that's the kinda thing I think it would be cool to see here...

0 Not allowed!
    There's a star beneath each post that might be what you're looking for. It's next to the "blog this post"

That aside, what's keeping you from posting your appreciation?

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    For one thing, sometimes it's an older thread and it'd be inappropriate to post and bump it up again. I know I like combing through older threads for advice and topics that haven't been talked about more recently.
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I don't really feel its appropriate to add to someone's reputation because they made a funny remark. Reputation should be given for good fish advice.
    As I said originally, sometimes it's just not appropriate to post as the conversation has gone on past the point of the post you like, and if all I want to say is "lol" that's hardly worth a post, even if it is timely.

0 Not allowed!
    A thumbs up feature is doable.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    lol thanks William!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    While I'm sure their system is proprietary, I keep looking at the bottom of the posts for the toggle buttons when I'm on other sites as well! It's a similar idea to liking a post, and it's something that's really handy for when posts are further back, or you don't have anything to add except that you agree with what someone is saying.
    *sofiazoe*

0 Not allowed!
    I do not really understand. can you post me a link to what you are refering to? A toggle button is simply a button that changes to a different set of content in a defined area.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.