· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default "sunset" sailfin molly fry!

0 Not allowed!
    I currently have sailfin molly fry 3 days old, so that's exciting. Usually I just let them give birth in the main tank and survival of the fittest ensues, but this time we decided to try to save some so set up a temporary fry tank (stepdaughter is loving me for it, she got to put that tank in her room and she's started naming all the fry, lol). It's hard to count because they're still small and fast but I'd say we have approx. 10-12 babies. Can't wait to see how they turn out as they grow! The parents are sunset sailfins, large and really pretty. I bought the mated pair a couple months back because I haven't seen nice sailfins since the goldens I had as a kid! I will also have fry sometime soon from my red-eyed golden sailfin female and the sunset male.

If anyone lives in or near central Iowa and is interested in some when they're bigger, let me know! Otherwise I'll probably keep a couple and take the rest to my LFS. I'll post pics as they grow, and pics of the parents. Looks like some very cool coloration on some of them!

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations Acire84.
    Getting your daughter involved with the fry is awesome. She may just pick up on the hobby in the future. I myself was surprised when my 18 year old son wanted to set-up a tank in his room. He had one as a youngster which he kind of neglected, this one hasn't missed a water change or filter cleaning in 7 months.
    I'm a fair bit away from Iowa (but I have been there, Tecumseh), or I'd be interested in a few for my daughter.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Strider199 :). Glad to see your son is interested again! It was so fun making an emergency run to walmart with my daughter the other night and letting her pick out what she wanted for the fry tank, all the while hoping the hubby didn't notice how much money I spent to save a few babies, lol. She's 12, and really up to now only been interested in furry critters and mildly amused by my aquarium, and so it is very cool that I have a "fish buddy" in the house now!

I actually would ship them to you if you want some for your daughter, just let me know. I'll look into how much it costs. There's a pretty cool guy that works at my LFS that I could probably get to help me pack them for shipping correctly, I've never shipped a living thing before, lol. I'm sure he'd rather I just give them to him though as he'd sell them for $25/pair, hah! I just counted again today after work, looks like more like we have 14-15. I'll sort them male/female as soon as they're a little older and I can tell, and then I'll try to get some good pics. If not that's cool, offer's there :)

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    "She's 12, and really up to now only been interested in furry critters." Quote by Acire84.

That is so my daughter. lol
    Hamsters, white mouse (these really stink), and a cat which she still takes care of.

Thanks for the offer Acire84 but she's not really committed to the upkeep of a tank at this point. Something to do with High School and Face Book keep her pretty busy.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no the dreaded rodents, lol! I used to be ok with them until grandma gave the kids 2 baby rats a few years ago without my consent, eh hem, lol. Pretty soon we had like 14 rats because she thought they were both girls! I had to be the mean one that had to take them all to a shelter, lol, I will never forgive her for that! No problem on the mollies, actually just realized you're in Canada so that's kind of a stretch anyway! I'll find homes for them I'm sure and if not I'll just take them to the LFS :) I'd like to keep a couple for breeding but depends on whether or not I set up another tank.
    29 gal community
    sunset and golden sailfin mollies (14-15 fry born 6/12/13)
    marbled and black angels
    albino corys
    neon tetras
    yoyo loach
    clown pleco

5 furbabies: miniature dachshund, golden retriever, mutt, and 2 cats :)

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I draw the line on pet Rats. After watching the movie Ben as a teenager, I have a dislike for them.
    I cant believe how level Iowa is. Driving from Des Moines to Tecumseh through the farmland was awesome. You would be able to watch your pet leave home for two days. hehehe