· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    so should i change all my water to rodi? if so where can i get some? and do you have to order refractometers online?

0 Not allowed!
    A lot of LFS carry refactormeters, or you can order them on line as well. It's your call really

Take a look at the links I posted in my last post before deciding to use RO water or not. I know I will never use anything but RO/DI water in my tanks, but that is my preference.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    i only use RO/DI water as well, and with a small tank like we have its no big deal to buy the water or get a small filter unit that adapts to under the sink.

Some fish stores sell RO water, and a lot of grocery stores and any water place would have it. You can buy smaller RO/DI filter units. See what the water prices are in your area per gallon, then you can calculate whether it is worth you buying your own unit or not.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks. if i change the water to rodi do i have to cycle it again?

0 Not allowed!
    Nope, RO water will just mean there will be less impurities in your tank and in some cases, more stable water parameters
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    If you change out ALL the water currently in your tank, you might want to wait a day or two with testing to make sure it doesn't trigger a mini cycle, but so long as your rock doesn't dry out, you shouldn't have to wait out a full cycle.

if you are only thinking of changing to RO from here on out, then no, as said above.
    Last edited by sheamurai; 06-14-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12