Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mad Doe Sydrome

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    Honestly the cat in the video deserved it
    Cat hater! lol

Nice video Mandy. It was very... 1980s/1990s National Geographicish
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Lol, I wanted to touch it SO bad. Apparently I was a bit too impatient.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    I would have tried to scare the deer away from the cat but just watched it go after the dog. But then, I am not a dog person and am not a fan of the species

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

0 Not allowed!
    lol, if you couldn't tell i'm a dog guy.. have nothing against cats, just prefer my little pandora

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    ...at the risk of sticking my neck out...

I don't understand why anyone would fault a mother deer looking after a newborn...

The cat wasn't a threat - or perceived as one...or the doe would have killed it. The dog was a threat...and it shouldn't have been there. The owner of the dog is totally at fault for the dog's injuries.

I like all animals...but we really shouldn't expect them to behave like people. Even people don't act like we expect people to act sometimes...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    ^Agreed, but the cat would have been beaten if the deer would have caught it. Dog was just too slow to move

0 Not allowed!
    The cat was a threat, just as the dog. Anything with claws, fangs and 2-4 legs is perceived as a threat to a mother deer. That being said, it's in the middle of a neighborhood. I don't think anyone's "blaming" the deer, but it could have been taken care of, before anything bad happened. The people standing around, videotaping, etc. are stupid people. The dog should have been leashed and taken inside. The two deer could have been tranq'd and relocated, so this type of thing doesn't happen and they're all safe.

Once again, people side with stupidity and lose the battle in the survival of the fittest. ;P
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    I woulda shot it.

That's why I don't live in a neighborhood. I think WAY differently than most people on subjects like this.

If the deer here had started trampling my dog my first reaction would have been to get the gun. I'm not faulting the deer for protecting its baby, but I'll protect mine just as ferociously. (After I stop running in circles taht is, lol!)

Again -- please note that I live on 40 acres of land in which my dogs are free to roam. It's MINE. :) Now if I lived in a place like in the video I'd say it IS the owner's fault for not having the dog secured.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 
    Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA 
    It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 Congrats on 2,000 post! - Slaphppy7 Sorry to hear about the loss of your Cat :( - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with Kevin, in neighborhoods dogs should be leashed, cats kept indoors, children at your side, put down the camera call the game commission. I hate to see any animal harmed because of the stupidity of people.
    Mandy my hb farms 60 acres, he would have done the same thing if necessary.

0 Not allowed!
    Yay Judi! I expected to get blasted for that one. I'm glad somebody agrees with me.