· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

Default That's it! I've had enough...

0 Not allowed!
    ...of power failures and the electronic timers on my fish tanks and on certain other timed lights. We have power failures ALL the time...just long enough that I have to go reset everything...and I mean everything...

And of course...each electronic timer is a tad different from the others to reset...and I can't remember how many times to push which button in what order to get the required sequence right to reset...so I spend forever at it...

I'm going to Canadian Tire today...and buying a wack of the old-fashioned ones...the ones where you have to pull the little pegs out...

Either that or retain a monkey on commission to do it for me...

*rant over*
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm curious if there's timers out there that can be powered by a 9V like the alarm clocks so when power is cut it continues to run on the battery until power is restored. Not the necessary power to run the lights or what have you that is plugged into it, but just the timer part itself. If there's no such device, I THOUGHT OF IT FIRST.
    25 Gal - Tropical
    Custom made Wet/Dry/Sump Filter System, AquaClear 20 Powerhead, RenaCal Excel 300 Heater, artificial plants
    Fish - 5 Blackskirt Tetras, 8 Red Wag Platy's, 2 Silver Hatchet's, German Blue Ram, Bulldog Pleco, assassin snail.
    "Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success." King Solomon.
    Pictures of my 10 Gal Sump Filtration project

0 Not allowed!
    There's lots of them out there, here's one:

http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-SA130.../dp/B000F5MUQC
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    They do exist, sorry!

Alternatively, see about getting a second hand ups, one of the smaller ones of just a few hunderd watts. Enough juice to keep the aquarium going for 10-15 minutes.

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Another reason to be glad I keep bettas and bettas are air-breathers... I don't have to freak out as much about power outages, unless they're in the middle of winter

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

0 Not allowed!
    Ah yes, the joys of rural Saskatchewan. Heck, even in the big city. I swear power failure were first experienced in this province (At least it feels that way).
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    You can pick up timers that have a battery in them to save settings. I think I got a digital timer from walmart for under $10, that had a watch battery in it.

You can sometimes pick ups battery backups fairly cheap. I have one that is shared between my computer and the alarm clock by the bed. If the power fails, it keeps the computer running for a few minutes so it can properly shut itself off. It will keep the alarm clock running for a long time on it's power. Also have 2 more of them that I have hooked up to air pumps that run my sponge filters on my tanks, if the power fails it can keep them going for the better part of a day. Also they are great if you ever have any power blips, when the power just flickers just long enough to reset the clocks and settings.

The ups battery backups I bought have 4 sockets that are just surge protectors and then 4 sockets that are surge protectors and backed up by battery. I think they were $20-30 range. Two weekends ago there was a bad thunderstorm here, and it knocked out electronics in many of the apartments in my building. Most of my stuff was plugged into surge protectors. I did end up losing the cable modem and my old laptop got fried, they were plugged directly into the wall socket. Thankful for renter's insurance.

0 Not allowed!
    I have the type with the little pegs that slide forward or back. So easy to use. I don't even mess with them during our time changes here. Who cares if the lights are on 12-6 or 1-7? LOL But I know what you mean. I got another type at Home Depot and have never been able to figure them out and of all things, didn't even come with directions.

0 Not allowed!
    I use the old-school peg timers, too. Haven't failed me yet and simple to setup.

If you have so many failures, maybe you should invest in battery backup/UPS for your tanks. Just a thought. I do it for my home theater and PC. =/
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    ...I am dangerously attracted to the fancy-schmancy timers. I see ones that you can program 30 times per day...and I WANT to buy them...

...but I stopped myself. What could I possibly need that many on/offs for? I bought a couple of mechanical ones...and guess what...they work like a charm.

Now I just have to work on this stupid addiction...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed