· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

Default Would this work?

0 Not allowed!
    I just had an idea as I was cleaning out my tank and equipment today...

Would those little plastic buckets that other plants come in make a good anchoring point for Anubias and Java Fern? If so, what about attaching a few together with silicone to make a tower?

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think that the roots of those plants would be able to hold on to plastic.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, since the ability to hold onto plastic itself is in question... I'll just give the plants something else to hang onto while using the plastic buckets as framework. I just sealed together three buckets for a framework. Tomorrow I'll attach some pebbles for plants to grip.

And this has me almost wishing I was in a ceramics class again... I have ideas for aquarium pieces that would be good caves, but also suitable for covering with plants...
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyby Stardancer View Post
    I just had an idea as I was cleaning out my tank and equipment today...

Would those little plastic buckets that other plants come in make a good anchoring point for Anubias and Java Fern? If so, what about attaching a few together with silicone to make a tower?
    That will work but you may want to glue the plant on. Personally I think it wouldn't look very nice.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    I want to use it to fill up a back corner, and try to get it so that the ferns eventually block view of the frame.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

0 Not allowed!
    Personally I'd try to find a nice piece of wood. Even artificial or petrified wood would, in my opinion, look better.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    My tank's too small for it, sadly. Every piece I've seen requires at least a 10 gallon tank, and even then those that small are artificial and have a rough texture.

And if I don't like the look, I can always dismantle it. The pots and gravel are leftovers from last time I had this tank set up.
    1. 2. (No Picture)

0 Not allowed!
    I think it will look bad at first... but once the plants grow in, it should be ok. Kinda like using wire mesh, but just recycling what you have at your disposal
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread