· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've read that products like seachem purigron is supposed to be help with diatoms. It removes the silicates from what I've read (never used it before). If you don't mind me asking what is your process for using a brita filter to lower your ph? I've also got fairly hard water and if its an easy way to lower the ph/gh/kh then I want to try it.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    easy off the glass hard to get off plants anything with groves its hard to get off cause it sin the cracks but it wipes easy on flat.

Now that i think about it did start after i added a few new vals to my tank.hmm i wonder if they had something on them

is there n solution for hair algae? 0.o
    Last edited by ChaosWolf; 06-12-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Ferns,

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    as for water i just keep filtering it threw the Brita filter till its low enough xD uslay takes 3-4x sometimes less depending on how old filter u are using is.
    Its the only cheap system i could find besides useing "Distilled" water but that still costs a bit more to buy all that n to much plastic waste...
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Interesting that sounds like a easy way to get a lower ph thanks for the info I'll have to check it out.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah i works good for me cause before i was useing distilled + normal water mix my mom always drinks brita water so i went hmmm so i tested it out n was surpised

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If it sloughs off easily most of the time and it smells (stinks), you may have the brownish version of blue green algae, or BGA. The stuff is nasty, and generally prefers to grow on plants, IMO. It's also slimy-feeling when you touch it. I am not even going to get into getting rid of it until you have confirmation, because there can be easy fixes or you may just be stuck with it.

If it looks kinda furry in a current, then it's not BGA, more likely a hair or brush algae. Much easier to deal with.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i was looking closer at my vals they have like a Fuzzier version on them. But on the swords its kind of like a brown sludgey gross feeling stuff XD which is also on the Glass and Rocks in my tank but not on gravel but it could just be brown cause of the Tannec from the peat moss in water