· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    So, built the rack for the 3 -10g tanks this weekend, the sketch had some major flaws in measurements... made some D'oh moments, but I love the way it is looking so far

All the lumber
    2013-06-14_20-37-14_64.jpg

Got it all cut - needed changes the next day....
    2013-06-14_21-12-40_200.jpg

Got the front and back put together
    2013-06-15_10-00-17_637.jpg

Pandora wondering what all the commotion is
    2013-06-15_10-00-22_603.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Also, the deal I had lined up for that 75g fell through, guy failed to mention the melted center brace on the tank

What do you guys think of this deal

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/for/3875598911.html

I see what I'm assuming is a aquaclear 70 in the tank (would sell) I would also sell the fish too

Was asked by my fiance to take my time and save up the costs for the build slowly, so I'm going to start swinging by home depot every once in awhile and checking there cull bin. Can get random lumber for $.50 a piece

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus 
    Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 
    for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like you are doing good there. The 75 would be one Id have to see in person. I dont like seeing hard water stains all over the front, could create etching.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus 
    Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 
    for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    A note on lumber, see if you have any communities being built near you. A lot of times DR horton and other builders will scrap wood in a site dumpster that just has a bad nail in it but can be cut off and reused.

0 Not allowed!
    That's actually a good point, hadn't thought about that

0 Not allowed!
    How cool would this be....

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/for/3876085742.html

Comes with a "standard" light (probably a 4' single t8 bulb), lids, and a ac110 filter. Hmmmm... if I could get it for like $150, sell the filter $30-40

Not a tank I would ever look forward to moving though. Thus my hesitation. Thing weighs 200+ lbs empty.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Not a bad price, do you get both for 300?

0 Not allowed!
    no, the 120 is $200 and the 44g is $300.

I think my major concern with the larger tank would be the weight on the floor. Under my house is a crawl space, so I'd have to find a way to add more support to the floor beams.

Also, I really only plan to be in this house for another year... do I want to get that big of a tank just to have to move it again someday...

My fiance brought up a good point though. She said why go with the 75, if I plan to eventually upgrade that too <-why I love this woman.

So really, I could afford the tank, the extra lumber costs would be negligible and I don't think I would need any additional equipment than what I have now

Jager 250W heater
    2- aquaclear 110's
    Lights (would add a few more to make up for width of tank front to back)
    Sand (instead of 1 bag, I'd need 2)

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I dont think you would need to reinforce your floor... I have never seen a floor fall through. Wood is extremely strong. But either way, the move is negligable... You are going to waste money upgrading again im sure. Just go for it!